Contribute
Register

G5 Power Hack

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing is. Who is likely to change the drive out. its a dvd rewritable so unless they want blueray. But who is going to spend that kinda money on a drive then open it up and viod its warrenty!

Gus said:
The only thing is. Who is likely to change the drive out. its a dvd rewritable so unless they want blueray. But who is going to spend that kinda money on a drive then open it up and viod its warrenty!
Yeah very true, only reason I went with that wire hook up is because dvd is cheap.

bones123 said:
bones123 said:
Looking good Gus. Am I the only one that does have an eject button on their optical drive lol

WOPPS I meant to write Am I the only one that doesn't have an eject button... LOL my bad
Do you have Windows on it?
That's the only reason I do. While I was doing my research on the build I found that Windows didn't utilize the eject button on an Apple key board.

I didn't even noticed, i read it as doesn't haha. As eelhead said, windows doesn't use the eject button. however, it could be made to using either a javascript or hotkeys. Which would have been a more hassle free solution in my opinion.

eelhead said:
That's the only reason I do. While I was doing my research on the build I found that Windows didn't utilize the eject button on an Apple key board.
:lol: Maybe you didn't research enough.....

Put your Snow Leopard Disk into your Windows PC, run the boot camp drivers package and Voila your Apple Keyboard eject button works to perfection. Mine works beautifully.

In case you didn't know, the Boot Camp drivers also install a really nice programme that recognises all your Mac Hard drives and allows you to read and write with them. Apple really thinks these things out.

minihack said:
eelhead said:

Put your Snow Leopard Disk into your Windows PC, run the boot camp drivers package and Voila your Apple Keyboard eject button works to perfection. Mine works beautifully.

In case you didn't know, the Boot Camp drivers also install a really nice programme that recognises all your Mac Hard drives and allows you to read and write with them. Apple really thinks these things out.
And my manual eject button works awesome in any OS and while in bios :D

eelhead said:
minihack said:
eelhead said:

And my manual eject button works awesome in any OS and while in bios :D

Ha, ha - nice comeback.

Seriously though, I do have a blu-ray rewriter and so I don't want to take it apart and the Apple keyboard eject button is fine for my Windows 7.

lol I don't know if a Blue ray player price would of stopped me from cracking it open, I tore apart my 850w PSU with out a second thought :)

The only issue with that programme is the writing. Reading is fine you can just see the files, however, if you got a virus in windows, it would go right on through to your lovely clean osx disks!!!!!!!!!
Thats why i was always weary of it myself. But ive never actually read a case of it happening just people suspecting it might.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back