Contribute
Register

[G5 Mod] mATX GA-Z87MX-D3H - i7 4771 - AMD Radeon HD 6xxx 1024 MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
To mod my G5 case I got the kit form the Laser Hive. The new version that has the PSU mounting at the top. Can highly recommend this place. Great products and great advice.

Nice build. It looks neat and tidy.

Laser Hive eh? I think I've heard of them before.. Didn't they help out someone else on here with a G4 MDD build?

Yes probably, they do G5 and G4 conversion kit

To mod my G5 case I got the kit form the Laser Hive. The new version that has the PSU mounting at the top. Can highly recommend this place. Great products and great advice.

Nice build. It looks neat and tidy.

What is the new version with PSU at the top?
Thanks

What is the new version with PSU at the top?
Thanks

It is longer and has the PSU mounting cutout at the top. You have to cut the shelf (based on your PSU).

I went to collect my kit from Dave 2 weekends ago and he said it was the first production one he had sold. Said he would be adding it to the website soon. Drop him an email and ask, but I think he may be on holiday in March.

I also get the mobo mounting board.

It is longer and has the PSU mounting cutout at the top. You have to cut the shelf (based on your PSU).

I went to collect my kit from Dave 2 weekends ago and he said it was the firs production one he had sold. Said he would be adding it to the website soon. Drop him an email and ask, but I think he may be on holiday in March.

I also get the mobo mounting board.

Great news they are adding a solution to directly use this top area for PSU.

As I am planning to do an other mod this summer if I can sell my Macpro 2008, based on the GA-Z87X-UD7-TH. I am already searching ideas and stuff to make a better mod without having to extract the PSU as I did there. Thanks for the info

Great news they are adding a solution to directly use this top area for PSU.

This is the back of it installed.

85176-rear-panel.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Please keep this thread on the topic of the build description - choice of components and how they all work together successfully.

There is a forum section for G5 case modifications The Workshop > Case Mods > PowerMac G5, which is located here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/powermac-g5/, and deals with the actual modification of the case. I encourage you to open a thread there to provide details on the G5 case mod. :thumbup:

TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back