i5-2500K
Graphics
HD 6850
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi Guys,

Before I buy a new item (switch) I need a second opinion I'm buying one to replace my current G5 button which I broke when I did some customisation to it. This is the one I am thinking of buying-

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/12V-Metal-Sw ... 4316wt_907

And I am unsure if LED voltage is right at 3V or if I will need any transistors etc., to me it seems I just wire it to PWR+ and PWR- as well as LED+ and LED- and it will work. Any ideas or posts will be greatly appreciated. :D

Thanks and Best Regards (Hasamoder)

P.S Sorry if this is wrong section I could not decide whether it belonged here.

hasamoder said:
Hi Guys,

Before I buy a new item (switch) I need a second opinion I'm buying one to replace my current G5 button which I broke when I did some customisation to it. This is the one I am thinking of buying-

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/12V-Metal-Sw ... 4316wt_907

And I am unsure if LED voltage is right at 3V or if I will need any transistors etc., to me it seems I just wire it to PWR+ and PWR- as well as LED+ and LED- and it will work. Any ideas or posts will be greatly appreciated. :D

Thanks and Best Regards (Hasamoder)

P.S Sorry if this is wrong section I could not decide whether it belonged here.

This will work fine as an power switch for a PC and will work with the connections you describe. Of course it is a good deal bigger than the original G5 switch though....

minihack said:
This will work fine as an power switch for a PC and will work with the connections you describe. Of course it is a good deal bigger than the original G5 switch though....

Yea I know ;) I did a fair bit of drilling before hand to make it 12mm so there is no going back now. But my only concern is the LED which is 3V; is 3V too low?

hasamoder said:
minihack said:

Yea I know ;) I did a fair bit of drilling before hand to make it 12mm so there is no going back now. But my only concern is the LED which is 3V; is 3V too low?

No, the voltage is fine. That's what the LED outputs from the mobo are compatible with.

minihack said:
hasamoder said:
minihack said:

No, the voltage is fine. That's what the LED outputs from the mobo are compatible with.

Cheers MiniHack, thanks for your help - really appreciate it; now I can buy in confidence :D :headbang:

I used a power switch like that on my first build, but blue. Mine was already wired and ready to go. My second build has the original mac pro button. As schubbe226 mentioned, the original looks best, but the other button sure is earlier to find in a dark room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back