Contribute
Register

G4 MDD conversion to mATX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I am in the middle of converting a MDD system to a usable matx system and I love the laser cut acrylic you used. Is there a way I could use the same sort of system? I was thinking of buying a Lian Li tray to fix the BTX problem.

Hello! I am in the middle of converting a MDD system to a usable matx system and I love the laser cut acrylic you used. Is there a way I could use the same sort of system? I was thinking of buying a Lian Li tray to fix the BTX problem.

Hi,

Thanks for your interest.

The stuff I used is from the laser hive (I run it actually) but the laser hive does not actually make kits for the MDD at the moment as they are just a bit too difficult to do a kind of simple bolt on kit. Maybe in the future one will be offered but it is unlikely to happen this year.

If you want to contact the laser hive then they are easy enough to find on the web, but please note that on this forum (and on private messages) it is not permitted to talk about possible sales etc.

Thanks for your understanding.

Hi again! I am back with a few more questions :). I managed to pick up the side panel from a g4 quicksilver. I'm currently removing all of the current standoffs and will replace them with the proper ones. 1. How can I use a current test matx board to mark the spots for the standoffs? 2. Could you describe "a bit of hacking" with a dremel. Do you remove the inner skin of the mdd? How do you attach the panels together? Will it be possible to use the back plastic panels (from either the mdd or quicksilver) to cover it?
Thanks!

Hey minihack,

I'm just doing a G4 MDD mITX casemod and your post about your MDD-mod was a really helpful. However, I am struggling with the multimeter, trying to get the power switch done. It seems that I can't get any resistances at all, exept around 2-7 ohms between 9 and 10. This does not change when the power button is pressed. The (digital) multimeter won't even show anything indicating it is measuring. I broke the circuit off already.

I really hope you can help me to sort this out.

Best regards,
Malte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back