Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> FV-A436CS2 (Broadcom BCM94360CS2) fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z490 VISION D
CPU
i9-10900
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi everyone, I accidentally ordered the FV-A436CS2 instead of the Fenvi FV-HB1200. According to the specs, it uses a Broadcom BCM94360CS2. Will this work and give me comparable performance?

I am going to use it with Big Sur on a Z490 Vision D and cannot test myself atm. Wondering if I should keep it or order the HB1200.

Last edited:
Should be fine, as it uses a compatible Broadcom 4360 card, just a different version to the FV-HB1200. Same WiFi speeds as the other Fenvi card too.

I use a couple of BCM4360CS2 cards in my hack's they work just as good as any other native Apple Broadcom card.

Should be fine, as it uses a compatible Broadcom 4360 card, just a different version to the FV-HB1200. Same WiFi speeds as the other Fenvi card too.

I use a couple of BCM4360CS2 cards in my hack's they work just as good as any other native Apple Broadcom card.
Thanks, was hoping this would be the case!

Just reporting back here, tested the card in my Z370 built with Mojave and it works OOB with excellent connectivity and speed. I am using it with the optional magnetic antenna Fenvi is offering. Bluetooth is much more snappy and reliable than the various USB dongles I have been using and also the FV-T919 that I used to own.

Another success to report, ordered a second FV-A436CS2 from Fenvi's AliExpress shop for my HP Compaq Elite 8300 SFF. The card comes with a low profile bracket.

The main board has two additional USB headers labeled MEDIA and MEDIA2, which are suitable for the required internal USB connection.

Again, plug and play in the literal sense under Mojave. Handover, Airdrop are working and just as snappy as on a real Mac. Great addition to this system which I use as media center in the living room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back