Graphics
NVIDIA GTX 670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm setting up Fusion Drive on a new Hackintosh I built, so it's a blank system.. I've got 1 SSD, a 3TB HDD, and a 500GB HDD. What I originally wanted to do was have a set up like this:

*Fusion Drive - 50GB Partition of SSD + Entire 3TB Drive
*SSD "Backup Storage" Partition - 30GB Partition
*Windows SDD - 50GB Partition of SSD
*Windows HDD - Separate 500GB drive.

So I went into Disk Utility, made all these partitions, and followed the Fusion Drive guide from TonyMacx86 (without chimera). Then I installed OS X onto the Fusion Drive.

However, once I got to the desktop, it made the partitions all look like they were under one drive. Not a problem really, except I could not add files to them without getting a permission error. In fact, even using Get Info, I couldn't change any permissions.

So my question is, how should I properly set up Fusion Drive so it follows my drive setup I listed above? I originally thought of looking into figuring out how to make the partitions show up as different physical drives to OS X. Thanks!

So my question is, how should I properly set up Fusion Drive so it follows my drive setup I listed above? I originally thought of looking into figuring out how to make the partitions show up as different physical drives to OS X. Thanks!

Don't think you can. AFAIK, the fusion drive is the entire SSD + a HDD. You can't share the SSD with another OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back