Graphics
Radeon 6770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So I'm almost done with my G5 ATX build. I have everything ready to go and will be posting pictures of the process as soon as I am done. My final question relates to how to do the front panel audio. My motherboard pin out is attached. I'm using the following pin out for the factory connector (http://www.s155158671.websitehome.co.uk/Resources/g5frontpinout.jpeg) and making my own cable using parts from Pololu. I'm just not sure what pins need to be connected from the factory harness to the pins on the motherboard. Thanks.

Attachments

• front panel.PNG
    front panel.PNG
    42.9 KB · Views: 6,109
So I'm almost done with my G5 ATX build. I have everything ready to go and will be posting pictures of the process as soon as I am done. My final question relates to how to do the front panel audio. My motherboard pin out is attached. I'm using the following pin out for the factory connector (http://www.s155158671.websitehome.co.uk/Resources/g5frontpinout.jpeg) and making my own cable using parts from Pololu. I'm just not sure what pins need to be connected from the factory harness to the pins on the motherboard. Thanks.

See here.
Basically, it doesn't work. You, at present can not have a front panel on a g5 that will automatically switch to headphone jack when headphones are plugged into the front jack.

However, some people have been able to manually select (Sys Pref, -> Sound, -> Output) the front jack. I do not know if this works using the Realtek HDA specific kexts or just with the Voodoo kext.

I'm not concerned about having the automatic sensing work. I just want to be able to connect headphones and manually switch the audio to them. I don't really use them that often but it would be nice to at least have them working at that level.

Okay. That's simple.
Front panel Audio header
16 audio com 2 ground
17 audio right 5 headphone right
18 audio left 9 headphone left

To make a physical switch to select front panel audio. You would need a standard switch. ie ON/OFF could be toggle, push button, slide. anything
take pin 7 sense send and put it into the switch. Then join the other side of the switch to 10 headphone detection. So whilst the switch is OFF (open) the audio will be put through the back. But if the switch is set to ON (closed) then the audio should be put through to the front panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back