Contribute
Register

Fresh GA-Z87MX-D3H, 4770K & 10.9 hangs (no KP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've already tried the new set ram, but it doesn't affect the issue.

Uptime: up 2 days, 16:04, 2 users, load averages: 1,07 1,07 1,05
It look like the multibeast 6.0.1 update did it's job.

Now I have only one mobo issue: it stay in reboot loop if there is more than 2 slots in use.

I had the same setup (GA-Z87MX-D3H, i7-4770K, Internal Graphics and Mavericks), freshly built, and had problems with it hanging as well. I think I found out what was causing the freezes: a faulty RAM module. You can read more about it in post #8 in this thread.

Hey Mikael,
not sure if you still browse this forum, or if you are still experiencing issues.
I have a very, very similar build and was experiencing the exact same freezes.
I followed everything that you did and still, the computer would randomly freeze.
I think I found the solution to the problem.
In the BIOS, where you disabled C6/C7 States, right above it, is the C3 States and the C1E. Disable all of them.

The freezing has to do with your psu not being compatible with the Haswell Processor (As you said)
Hope this helps!

Ok, so I have a solution (at least for my system).
If you experience freezes in Unix-based operating systems and BSODs in Windows, upgrading your BIOS to the latest beta (currently F8k) might do the trick.
I read something about how haswell processors are really picky when it comes to memory voltage, which caused stability issues on GA-Z87X boards.
Try it yourself and report back, you can find the beta BIOS here.

Edit: I noticed that there is no beta BIOS available for the GA-Z87MX-D3H but it may be helpful for users who have other GA-Z87X boards.

Having crash issues (once every 1.5 days) as well with 4x8 GB dimms. I am testing right now to see if its stable with 2x dimms

I am on GA-Z87M-D3H

Let me see if I understand this correctly:
One of the fixes might be to REMOVE memory from the MB??
Isn´t that like fixing your new Porsche by disabling half the cylinders?
:confused:

• Anyone still having problems AFTER installing the latest Multibeast?
• Is the CoolerMaster V700 PSU compatible with the Gigabyte Z87X-OC motherboard?

Removed one GPU= no system crash since

UPDATE:
I´ve removed one GPU (the GTX 650 ti Boost), so that I only use the GTX 780.
I had to redo the GPU text file so that the GPU was recognized, but I haven´t had a system crash since.

I´ve had application freezes, but no system freeze since.

Perhaps my CoolerMaster V700 wasn´t able to cope with 6 Harddrives and 2 GPUs - and simply ran home to mama when both GPUs were on?

I am not sure this is a solid solution - but my PSU might simply be too weak to handle the load.

I´ll let you know if things keep working or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back