Contribute
Register

Freak's GA-X99M-GAMING 5 mATX Build - I7 5930K - GTX 970 - Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Note: Do not copy FakeSMC or any other kext to the ssd/hd Clover/EFI partition, we'll install our kext to where they belong, S/L/E using Multibeast.
Hello, I have a similar build (GA-X99-UD4 and 5820K) but I've used EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9 and 10.10 folder for extra kext.
What is the reason/benefit to install VoodooTSCSync.kext and FakeSMC on S/L/E ?

kduvernay this is a really great thread and you have me wanting to do one of these X99M builds. My thoughts are along the lines of how many of my project machines do I have to sell to fund one of theses?

Thank you.

Good modding,
neil

Hello, I have a similar build (GA-X99-UD4 and 5820K) but I've used EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.9 and 10.10 folder for extra kext.
What is the reason/benefit to install VoodooTSCSync.kext and FakeSMC on S/L/E ?
The better question is why are you loading kext from EFI/CLOVER/kexts/ contrary to the dev's recommendations. If your process works well for you by all means continue with it...

... My thoughts are along the lines of how many of my project machines do I have to sell to fund one of theses? neil
lol: I sold my house, car, and two of my kids... :crazy:
Thanks-

WooW... Nice build.. :clap:

I have one doubt, for the installation is the KernelHaswellE patch not required?? Because i cannot find it on the attached installer_config.plist

Nope Clover does it for 10.10.2. Since 10.10.3 is going to be released publicly sometime today, I'm not sure if it'll still work or not...

@Jithin.C.V: Thanks for catching this, I'll fix it today.

EDIT: both plist updated.

Nope Clover does it for 10.10.2. Since 10.10.3 is going to be released publicly sometime today, I'm not sure if it'll still work or not...
From the original post: "Clover will do the patch for 10.10.2 "If Clover patches later releases the jury is out, we'll have wait and see."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back