Contribute
Register

Fixing sleep on Compal JHL90 laptop (Opencore)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
B85-G41 PC Mate
CPU
i7-4770
Graphics
GTX1060
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello!
I have an older laptop Compal JHL90. Core 2 Duo, Nvidia 9600M GT, DDR2 memory.
I have managed to install High Sierra after many attempts. Now almost all the hardware is working: wifi, bt, gpu.

What I have done:
First when I booted up the only one of three usb was working. Then I tried usbmap. It showed me that I need to rename EHC1 and EHC2. I copied the fixes from dortania guide and enabled them. The USB-s started to work with USBinjectall.

Now I tried if sleep is working. The computer started to go to sleep, then it immidately started again. Log shows:
2021-01-06 15:23:32.002483+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: GLAN EH02 EH01

Then it is clear that problem is in USB (EH01 and EH02) maybe also GLAN. So I started to trying to fix the USB.

Started USBMap, plugged usb2 device every hole and deleted the not used ports. I got USBmap.kext. Installed the kext and now bluetooth is not working anymore. I tried to create many times usbmap, but couldn't get a working one.

Then I tried hackintool. Deleted ports and inserted the kext that it creates. Still same problem and it doesn't work.

I also tried SSDTTIme to create USB SSDT, then I got:
2021-01-06 16:31:47.120027+0200 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: GLAN EH01

Still no sleep and bluetooth goes missing.

What and how could I fix USB-s?

Attachments

• JHL90EFIv1.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 35
I got it fixed after so many hours of hair pulling.

So what did I do?
I dumped SSDT in linux. Copied it to osx, then started to inspect it.
Found GLAN in there. Under GLAN was a _PWR. Commented that out.
Then I had many errors in DSDT that needed fixing. Some things that I thought are weird I commented out and one length error I had to calculate length. So after I eliminated all errors the compiling worked. Many warnings were still there but I ignored them.

So after restart sleep worked and only one usb port worked out of three. I thought maybe I messed something up and usbs don't work. So I inspected it with hackintool and usbmap. Usbmap showed me that needs EHC1 rename and EHC2 rename. I found from some forum that find and replace all EHC1->EH01 and EHC2->EH02. Did the trick and turned off the rename in opencore.

Also renamed GFX0 also just for fun. :)

Attachments

• 2021.01.07 OpenCore JHL90 Sleep Fix V2.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 48
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back