550ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello All,

I've been having issues with my GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1536 MB for some time. Installed 10.8.3 today. After a reboot back to desktop, I replaced the GPU with GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1536 MB and all is good now. This card has been on a shelf since 10.8 was released.

Best,

Jason

Z77-DS3H
GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1536 MB
i7-2600k

I can confirm that my EVGA 550 Ti is now working, however there are some issues, as OpenCL is not working oob.

Hi Guys

If I am not wrong, GT 550 Ti is fermi, as my GT 520 ?

On ML 10.8.2, I had to install NVIDIA drivers and then install patched OpenGL.framework,OpenCL.framework and PrivateFrameworks/GPUSupport.framework plus apply a patch to get OpenCL working.

From what I read above, you just installed the 10.8.3 to get updated drivers and everything is fine (in addition to updated CUDA drivers 5.0.45) ?

Does this mean no patches are required anymore on your card ? (if it was)

Should I expect to just have to update to 10.8.3 and CUDA on my GT 520 as well ?

Thanks for your feedback

I can confirm that my EVGA 550 Ti is now working, however there are some issues, as OpenCL is not working oob.

Does the MultiBeast OpenCL 10.8.x patch still work in 10.8.3 or have things changed now the drivers seem to actually work hehe?

I ask as I have updated my HTPC to 10.8.3 which uses a GT430, and Lux Mark doesn't seem to be working.

How did you do it?: 10.8.3 GTX 550 ti

Hello All,

I've been having issues with my GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1536 MB for some time. Installed 10.8.3 today. After a reboot back to desktop, I replaced the GPU with GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1536 MB and all is good now. This card has been on a shelf since 10.8 was released.

Okay, can you guide us PLEASE to your method of installation?
Patches etc.?

Have you tested it to sleep/wake?

Thanks
HEndrik

Without GE = yes? Without any modded drivers, the card works out of the box?

GraphicsEnabler=Yes works on 10.8.3 but I still have random freezing. I already edited my AGPM but somehow it still freeze. You can't let this card idle really low else it would freeze but that is where the black screen comes when you wake the system up. I'm still looking around to get this card working and rid of my noisy and hot GTX470. I also read somewhere that you shouldn't use the official Nvidia driver if you are going to use the MB openCL patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back