Contribute
Register

Fix iMessage in Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using Chimera or Clover boot?

Edit:

I just saw your other post, you're using Clover. So am I and all works as it should. I've never had to contact them as I'm using my serial and info from my Mackbook pro.

I'm only trying to determine if billbrown is really able to truly sign out of iMessage (as he seems to be saying) and back in while booted with CHIMERA. If I boot with Chimera I'm signed into iMessage but I can't sign out and in again...I get that nasty message.

If I reboot with Clover I can sign in again then reboot with Chimera I'm still signed in.
I see you were able to get it running using info from a real Mac. I put an older (2010) iMac in my wife's office which isn't associated with any Cloud account. She also has no need because she prefers an Android.

What info do I need to obtain from it? Where is it located? And can you point me in the right direction as far as the methods used to upload the info to my hack?

Any help is appreciated.

I was able to get iMessage working after a clean install of Yosemite.

I installed Yosemite using a USB drive created with UniBeast 5.0. Included MultiBeast 7.0 on the USB Drive. I selected "Don't Sign In Now" on the Apple ID screen during initial setup.

i do not have efi on my computer that i am aware of, i have tried using clover configurator and saw a partition label containing efi.

currently i am booting with chameleon and getting that to work properly too several attempts in itself, so i was wondering if this would work without clover to get the error message or how i could go about getting it to work from my ipad mini for the 12 character code to give apple, i think that is all i need to do since it is now also broken on my ipad unless i restore it again.

possibly if you know, i could try using clover to boot, but i haven't been able to find anything about non-efi clover.

so thanks in advance for any help you or anyone here can lend, great post.

edit: nevermind figured it out myself using a thread i found about installing yosemite with clover, just installed clover and everything works now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back