Contribute
Register

Fix for OpenCL crash with GK110B based cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, sorry but I'm probably going to give you a not so satisfying answer

GTX780 support has 3 versions I know of:

The GPU will probably work, but there is a good chance you will need to do some hacking in order to make it fully functional.

My GPU (which only need web drivers) is this one http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4673#ov

Thanks that was the kind of answer I needed!
I'm not sure if you know but would this version here work http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4688#ov this is the one I think I have...

I have this exact Gigabyte card and I had to do this:

If your NVIDIA GT780 is crashing when opening preview (png) you need to install web driver from nvidia - reboot and then switch back to normal driver back (in the preference - nvidia) and in terminal

sudo cp /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/libclh.dylib /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/libclh.dylib

and reboot (not sure if reboot is needed).

this way opencl works for me and the crash is gone.

Will this thread be updated with some new numbers for Yosemite?

Thanks!

I updated today to nvidia Driver ver. 343.01.01f03.
CUDA just show up active for the first time!!!
Using: EVGA Geforce GTX Titan Black (GK110B)
Yosemite 10.10
Cuda ver. 6.5.14

Screen Shot 2014-10-30 at 14.24.38.pngScreen Shot 2014-10-30 at 14.24.46.pngScreen Shot 2014-10-30 at 14.25.01.pngScreen Shot 2014-10-30 at 14.25.18.pngScreen Shot 2014-10-30 at 14.25.48.png

Hi all,

does anyone have a not working GTX 780 in Yosemite? Please only respond if your GPU is NOT working and you have at least tried the web driver! :)

Hi all,

does anyone have a not working GTX 780 in Yosemite? Please only respond if your GPU is NOT working and you have at least tried the web driver! :)

Probably a silly question but I ordered my parts and finally built my PC yesterday and everything is nearly fully working - I downloaded the web driver and rebooted and the graphics card is working with openCL etc. But I open Cuda-z and it shows not Cuda available.

So I am a bit confused about how to get Cuda working. I also notice everyone seems to have a CUDA preferences I don't have one of them either; I assume I need to download it off the internet or change this option to NVIDIA web driver and this will give me CUDA support.

Sorry for the annoying questions I am new to building Hackinotshes as this is my first build!

Screen Shot 2014-11-12 at 13.41.53.png

Probably a silly question but I ordered my parts and finally built my PC yesterday and everything is nearly fully working - I downloaded the web driver and rebooted and the graphics card is working with openCL etc. But I open Cuda-z and it shows not Cuda available.

So I am a bit confused about how to get Cuda working. I also notice everyone seems to have a CUDA preferences I don't have one of them either; I assume I need to download it off the internet or change this option to NVIDIA web driver and this will give me CUDA support.

Sorry for the annoying questions I am new to building Hackinotshes as this is my first build!

View attachment 113313

You need to install cuda driver http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-cuda-6.5.14-driver.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back