Contribute
Register

Fix for OpenCL crash with GK110B based cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we go again macandor hopefully for the last time your fix is once again is needed man :) Im holding on with updating to 10.9.5 until you release the opencl fix dude :) thanks in advance.. but fast broa..

p.s. this is ridiculous is apple simple to lazy to fix their os programing langue errors.. what the hell even yosemite has same ****ty problem what the hell are they doing all day long :( :/

Hi guys!

Added the magic, please report on success/failure and have fun :)

Dude you're awesome. Spectacular now I get to do the job. You saved me. Thank you so much !!! You're the best, thanks !!!:headbang::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::headbang::headbang:

Hello, I would like to know that if the opencl is disabled does it loose performance because of missing opencl support in the software?

Hello, I would like to know that if the opencl is disabled does it loose performance because of missing opencl support in the software?

Hi, yes, all applications/games that would benefit from GPU OpenCL acceleration will lose performance with this patch when performing OpenCL operations.

I have found some howto how to fix the crash in opencl for preview and others on my GT780 - install the nvidia web driver which on its own did not fixed the problem. But switching back to native mavericks (10.9.5) driver (via system preferences -> nvidia) and copy

sudo cp /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/libclh.dylib /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/libclh.dylib

fixed the problem for me after rebooting. Now the question is if this command disabled opencl or fixed opencl - how I can be sure the opencl is enabled for applications like for preview? When I run some applications using opencl for example LuxMark I see it can use the GPU for accelerating.

I have found some howto how to fix the crash in opencl for preview and others on my GT780 - install the nvidia web driver which on its own did not fixed the problem. But switching back to native mavericks (10.9.5) driver (via system preferences -> nvidia) and copy

sudo cp /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGLDriverWeb.bundle/Contents/MacOS/libclh.dylib /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/libclh.dylib

fixed the problem for me after rebooting. Now the question is if this command disabled opencl or fixed opencl - how I can be sure the opencl is enabled for applications like for preview? When I run some applications using opencl for example LuxMark I see it can use the GPU for accelerating.

Well then, that's about it, if LuxMark succeeds with a GPU only benchmark, then you have it up and running.

yes it succeeds with only GPU test which has better result then the CPU only.

Well then, that's about it, if LuxMark succeeds with a GPU only benchmark, then you have it up and running.

I am extremely confused with the status of these GK110B based cards...

I have posted a thread here http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-hardware-discussion/143449-gtx-780-a.html and I have had two people say there GK110B are working fine, yet when I come to this thread it seems like you still update this fix which kind of implies they don't work.

I am very confused about whether it works fine or not. I currently have a 'refused' GTX 780 I have ordered in front of me and I don't know whether to keep it or go through with the 'refuse' and get a GTX 770.

Please help!

Well, sorry but I'm probably going to give you a not so satisfying answer

GTX780 support has 3 versions I know of:

The GPU will probably work, but there is a good chance you will need to do some hacking in order to make it fully functional.

My GPU (which only need web drivers) is this one http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4673#ov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back