Contribute
Register

Fix for OpenCL crash with GK110B based cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to MacAndor! Very good guide :thumbup:
All worked with my GTX 760 from MSI, too which have the GK104.
A big success! :)

Just to confirm: this patch fixes the GPU clock ramp-down for a GTX 670 (GK104) card. In the screenshot I've circled the GPU frequency change when opening a picture in Preview. Without the patch my card was stuck at about 1GHz after closing Preview, now it returns to 324MHz as it should. You can see the value in the read-outs on the right, too.

View attachment 81251

By the way, the reason I didn't include a screenshot showing the behaviour without the patch is that HWMonitor itself triggers the bug, too. So it's impossible to see the 324MHz ever.

NeXTguy: have you tried installing latest HWMonitor + latest FakeSMC from Kozlek? For me it fixes the HWMonitor trigger bug under Mavericks. You also have to prepare your new FakeSMC by placing the FakeSMC plugins inside.

1. Get HWSensors.6.0.1077.Binaries
2. Copy FakeSMC.kext to Desktop
3. put ACPISensors, GPUSensors, CPUSensors and LPCSensors kexts to FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Plugins
4. remove old FakeSMC from /S/L/E
5. install new FakeSMC from Desktop with KextBeast
6. repair permissions and rebuild caches
7. reboot

macandor I've send you a pm at insanelymac..

When I do step 3, Terminal give me a error message: "no identity found"
After restart my mac goes in disco mode, so I have to use the backup to restore it.
Am I missing something? I have tried several times, and follow the guide on each step, but the same result!

When I do step 3, Terminal give me a error message: "no identity found"
After restart my mac goes in disco mode, so I have to use the backup to restore it.
Am I missing something? I have tried several times, and follow the guide on each step, but the same result!

You missed codesigning, "no identity found" means the process failed. Be sure to create the certificate exactly as I wrote in the guide.

You missed codesigning, "no identity found" means the process failed. Be sure to create the certificate exactly as I wrote in the guide.

Thanks for quick response MacAndor:thumbup:
When I create the certificate as you wrote in the guide, I get a warning label that says: "this certificate has not been verified by a third party". Can that be the problem?
Screen Shot 2014-02-01 at 17.58.05.png

@Hackmodford

2 things, please try:
Can you open other jpg files in preview and are those displayed correctly?
Can you open this jpg file in Safari (just drag the file on the app icon) and is it displayed correctly?

If the answers are: yes and no then the jpg file is corrupted, otherwise I need some extra info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back