Contribute
Register

First Build stuck at SL install on H87 d3H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Toten
Yes that is pretty much where i'm at if you look under installed so far, I have 16Gb RAM installed only CPU and Motherboard, PSU and Case, Mouse Keyboard. I have tried to remove any conflicts.
The optical drive was the only one available in the UK at the time. If it comes down to the optical drive i'll have to buy another one.
I doubt it is the SNow Leopard install as I used it to update my MacBook but as it turns out the App Store won't let me download Mountain Lion as my macbook is 4. and not high enough spec to get the Mountain Lion download.
I think the best option for me is to get the mac-mini late 2009 MC238xx/A download mountain lion and use this way to see if it gets my Hackintosh up and running as going the SL way is proving a nightmare.
With this mac-mini i can burn to cd or dvd or USB. Also my macbook is on it's last legs and i need something to do my Graphic Design work so i need something quick now.

Any thoughts or problems you see with this idea.

PS sorry for the dual posting I was trying to broaden my audience in future i'll start a new post?

There have been a rash of problems with installing OS X on Haswell builds with Corsair RAM (one reason it is no longer on the Buyer's Guide recommended list). Try using only one stick of RAM or a totally different brand if you happen to have some DDR3 sticks from other builds lying around to do your install with.

Dan..

In reading other users posts of this motherboard and the problems they are having with it. I think we may have an issue.

Your statement
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 32gb

This RAM is or can be a problem - I do believe that Going Bald has made reference to this vendors ram as not being on the approved list for hardware.

Now I am only thinking out loud on this, as Corsair makes different types and spec rams and some will work (or DID) !

But you may need to adjust Ram Timings or use the XMP settings that the Ram has built into it - in which the motherboard may detect. Users w very fast timing have had issues w OSX installs. Generally during the install process not at the beginning. But it could be an issue.

Again if you have alternative spare memory around or can get some - see if this changes the picture. YOU only need 4 GB for install of OSX.
Suggest Borrow a stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back