Contribute
Register

First build - quick question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. I am new to this on hackintosh and I have been reading about it for a while. So i have one quick question about desktop compatibility.

1. In the Buyer's Guide for components, will ANY conbination of components work, even if I use a component from the CustoMac Mini nd one from the CustoMac Pro? (Assuming those components are compatible with each other).

I am looking to build a quite powerful mac for about $1000. Extra questions that are not so important:

2. Any recomendation?
3. How easy is to update OS?
4. How to find hardware deals?
5. Is there a big diference between QuadCore i5 vs QuadCore i7?

Thank you so much :)

1. Most likely yes.
2. Really hard question to answer- depends on so many factors which are entirely relevant to you.
3. Depends on specific update builds- Like in my case, previous two sierra update was smooth as butter- thru app store just like real back. The last 10.12.6 however was bit of a pain as it broke nVidia driver and but it is all good now.
4. FYI GPU prices are insane at the moment due to bitcoin mining fad. so I advise waiting for some time.
5. Depends on specific 4core i5 and specific 4core i7. I suggest referencing to benchmark scores to get a sense of rough comparison.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back