Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone

I am finally installing Yosemite on the HDD. It finishes the install then says it will reboot in 10 seconds, counts down then shuts off but doesnt turn back on. I boot it up myself, try to select the HDD as the boot drive since Yosemite should have installed, but it doesnt recognize the install or something. Then I boot from the USB and everything starts over and I have to go through the whole steps of reinstalling Yosemite...

Any ideas whats happening and how to fix?

Edit:
Ive tried booting now from the HDD but it goes through and probably is booting from the USB even though I selected the HDD.

Last edited:
Hello everyone

I am finally installing Yosemite on the HDD. It finishes the install then says it will reboot in 10 seconds, counts down then shuts off but doesnt turn back on. I boot it up myself, try to select the HDD as the boot drive since Yosemite should have installed, but it doesnt recognize the install or something. Then I boot from the USB and everything starts over and I have to go through the whole steps of reinstalling Yosemite...

Any ideas whats happening and how to fix?

Edit:
Ive tried booting now from the HDD but it goes through and probably is booting from the USB even though I selected the HDD.

When you use your Unibeast Yosemite USB Installer, partition, format and start installation on the selected Hard disk, it only installs the Operating System NO Boot loaders or drivers required for the Hard disk with OS to Stand on its own legs , so to say. It still needs the USB Installer as the companion to enter the Chimera Boot screen primarily because it has no Chimera in it yet.

Once on the Chimera screen you need to user your arrow key to elect the Hard disk with new Yosemite installation[Hopefully you have given it an identifiable Unique name not to be confused with the USB Installer's name when you partitioned and before formatting]

You have to type in the same flag that helped the USB Installer to reach the installation screen for the Yosemite HDD to boot.

Once back on Yosemite Desktop, you should give this disk the required Kexts , the Bootloader -Chimera and other helping files. This is where you use Multibeast .

Most newer boards might need Quickstart>DSDT Free option plus Drivers-> for the Onboard devices like Audio/Ethernet/Graphics (if you have no add on card) etc.

You can get some help in this regard from checking System Report...>Hardware [similar to Windows Device Manager] to get there click Apple icon on top menu bar> About This Mac>System report...>Hardware and the alphabetized devices from left Panel and seeing details on the Right panel [similar to Device Manager devices and drivers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back