Radeon 6850
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey all,

Lurked, researched, decided to jump head first into a build. I've built several PC's over the years, so not a complete noob... but yeah, this is the first hackintosh build for me. Figured I'd post and keep you all up to date on progress.

Well, I got all my components and put 'em all together...

GA-P55A-UD3 Rev.2 F11
i5 - 760
Evga GT 240 512mb DDR5
4gb G.Skill
640gb Black caviar
500W coolermaster PSU
old Antec case

EZ assembly... no issues. Posted on first try, and got to bios. Enabled AHCI where I could, set the HPET to 64-bit, set the sleep mode to S3.

iBoot no problem... Then tried to put in 10.6 disk. Now, I know we are sketchy about burned disks and not originals, but I assure you I work in an environment where we're quite careful about pirating and let's just say the IT dept. doesn't like handing out originals, but does make copies for all the depts. Anyway, twice I tried and failed to even get past apple screen with spinning wheel.

So, fiddled around in BIOS some more.. tried again... BINGo! Got into install and seemed to work! Then it says "Successful install".... bad news right? Yep... Black screen upon next boot.

Sooo... sucked it up and bought a retail disk. Maybe 10.6.3 will be the trick... will update as I know more.

Cheers!

What did you fiddle with in the bios to get past that apple screen? I managed to get past it twice before I got stuck but can't get back there now!

I can't remember exactly... my comp is at work right now and I'll check tomorrow, but I seem to think it was basically disabling some integrated peripherals.

OK... so the things I disabled in Bios were:

Onboard USB3.0 Controller
Onboard IDE Controller

That's all.... I'm starting to think it was just coincidence that I was able to get into an install screen.

I went and got a retail disk and that seemed to correct alot. Still weirds me out though that I get a "Success" notice after installing 10.6.3

Now I'm starting to fiddle with Multibeast. My status is this:

Booting from iBoot (still)
Seem to have full functionality except audio

My GT 240 is unrecognized, but gets full-res on a cinema display
Ethernet works

Just tried the Apple rollback audio kext .... crashed on boot

Looking now in forum for mention of ALC892

Did you get OS X to recognize your GT 240?

I am having the same problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back