Motherboard
ASUS P8Z77-V LK
CPU
Intel i5-3570K
Graphics
MSI Nvidia 460GTX
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just built my first Hackintosh this week to use for music editing by converting a Win7 machine I already had. But I can't get the Mac OS to see my Syba SY-PEX30016 Firewire card. Has anyone run into issues like this? I've read a few threads where people have mentioned just plug and playing the card.
Other than the card the system is running smoothly.

My setup is:
ASUS P8Z77-V LK (updated to the most recent BIOS)
Intel i5-3570K
Nvidia 460GTX (although I'm running the OS X Default Graphics Driver)
Sandisk Extreme 120GB SSD

Thanks!

Try a different slot in your mobo. Syba works great, no 3rd party kext required. If your mobo has built-in FW, try disabling that.

Issari,
Since we're not telepathic, we need to know your system components. See the tonymacx86 Forum Rules & Policies on signature block components.

Additionally, please provide complete details in your Profile.

Mobo: motherboard manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model (e.g., i7-4770K)
Graphics: Video card manufacturer/model and/or Intel Integrated Graphics version (e.g., HD4600)

See my Profile items to the left of my post, under my name.

By doing completing your Profile and signature block, you help us help you better. :thumbup:

Hope you don't mind me jumping on the thread. I've finally managed to install 10.11.5 on asus x99-s. I plugged my STARTECH (pex1394a2v) firewire card in and on boot up screen goes black. Any thoughts or suggestions? I know the startech works because I did a previous install and tested it out. All thoughts and suggestions appreciated.

Last edited:
Interesting wrinkle to my issue: I bought a StarTech PCI1394MP (so not a PCIe card, but a PCI) that I read worked in other builds. When I installed it in one PCI slot, nothing. But when I tried my other PCI slot I could no longer boot up with the nVidia graphics driver running. Take the card out and it boots up again like a champ.

This FireWire issue is that last little thing I need to fix to make this a workable machine for me. And it's necessary, as the whole purpose to run a Mac OS on this hardware is for a more stable Pro Tools setup with my Mbox 3 Pro that only connects via FireWire. It's so close I can taste it!

And one more addition. I ran IORegistryExplorer that I saw suggested on another forum. It sees the PCI card, lists it correctly as a FireWire controller, and when I plug in and turn on my Mbox, it pops up in the IO list. Don't know the next step.

Don't know the next step.
Me neither yet. I don't think this applies to your motherboard but it might be something worth looking into_Otherwise PCI mapping..

Here is a possibility

Copy Test2.efi from the link in the 1st post @ http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...d-news-x99-10-11-haswell-e-el-capitan-21.html to /EFI/ClOVER/drivers64UEFI folder if you use more than 2 pci-e devices (I do)
[Malki http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/s...itan-10-11-2-clover-guide-100-working.183441/ ]​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back