Contribute
Register

Finding a Mac duplicate finder for media files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mac Mini
CPU
Intel Core 2 Duo
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have an external drive in which both me and my brother save data. The drive is about to fill and need to be cleaned. So, I decided to look into it but that there are so many songs , photos and videos saved twice or thrice. Its very difficult for me delete these duplicate items manually, so, searching for some tools.

Help please.

I'm not sure how you have it set up on the external drive and if any or all of it is also part of your iTunes Library as well but I have used Dupin for my duplicates. Worked great and I had at one point almost all doubles in my library making it almost 1400 songs and what not, used Dupin and worked great.

http://dougscripts.com/apps/dupinapp.php

I have an external drive in which both me and my brother save data. The drive is about to fill and need to be cleaned. So, I decided to look into it but that there are so many songs , photos and videos saved twice or thrice. Its very difficult for me delete these duplicate items manually, so, searching for some tools.

Help please.

My app Decloner can help you. There is a free fully functional 30-day trial available.

Thanks for your help. But, its too slow. Can I have some more apps which can delete/uninstall my applications also. But fast please.

Thanks for your help. But, its too slow. Can I have some more apps which can delete/uninstall my applications also. But fast please.
No
It isnt something that is going to happen instantly, any program that is made to do this will take a while to get done.
It is still faster then doing it manually.

I can advice you the app called Gemini from MacPaw. This app was recently updated and now is in the Top Chart of Mac App Store. The app supports drag-and-drop functionality and work really properly and fast. Besides, there are many other features that will make finding duplicate files really easy task to do.

I can advice you the app called Gemini from MacPaw. This app was recently updated and now is in the Top Chart of Mac App Store. The app supports drag-and-drop functionality and work really properly and fast. Besides, there are many other features that will make finding duplicate files really easy task to do.

+1 ...Gemini works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back