Contribute
Register

Finder crashes when visiting Devices -> My Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Code:
4/4/15 1:45:06.064 PM ReportCrash[1438]: Saved crash report for Finder[1439] version 10.9.4 (10.9.4) to /Users/layer/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/Finder_2015-04-04-134506_mack.crash
4/4/15 1:45:06.070 PM ReportCrash[1438]: Removing excessive log: file:///Users/layer/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/Finder_2015-04-04-131525_mack.crash

I removed /.DS_Store, same deal.

I'm gonna boot from a USB and run the diskutil to see if the root partition is OK... any other ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

One other tidbit of info:

This morning I updated the Cuda drivers via the System Prefs to version 7.0.35 and the system immediately hung hard. I had to hit the reset button.

The Finder crashes started sometime after this.

Solved: it was something I had mounted. A sparse bundle and when I removed the .DS_Store and .Trashes in that bundle the Finder doesn't barf on my root filesystem.

Seems odd, but that appears to be the thing. I found it by clicking on the label for the sparse bundle, then the same thing happened.

I had repaired this sparse bundle (I repaired all volumes on the machine). Nothing was wrong with it, so I assumed it was OK.

Anyway, sorry for the noise...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back