Contribute
Register

Final Gigabyte BIOSes

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problems on the F7 UD2 bios. I did a fresh boot without DSDT and extracted/edited the new DSDT.

Public/DSDT-GA-P55M-UD2-F7.aml
Public/DSDT-P55M-UD2%20-%20SpeedStep.zip

If anyone else can confirm a fresh extract and edits, let me know- I'm in the process of changing all of the links to reflect bios version. You should be ok using an older one, but this will correct some of the ambiguity of the DSDT Database.

Thanks in advance!

man this is great. Just updated my Bios version to F7.

oh tony. Please help me with the ud4p- DSDT with sleepenable for this version.

I am quite noob at this code editing.

Thank you in advance.

Tony, I see you inserted the nvidia stuff at a different spot. You left this part untouched.
Code:
            Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0A03"))
            Name (_ADR, Zero)
            Name (_UID, One)
            Name (_BBN, Zero)
            Method (_S3D, 0, NotSerialized)
            {
                If (LEqual (OSFL, 0x02))
                {
                    Return (0x02)
                }
                Else
                {
                    Return (0x03)
                }
            }

But in the blog post, this part is to be replaced. Am I understanding something wrong?

In any case, tried your DSDT with speedstep but replaced the nvidia part with my ati one. On first boot (after bios upgrading of course) it didn't boot , stopped at the end of the boot process for a min and then I had the blue screen for another minute and I hit reset. Second try worked though, go figure. I'll see how it goes. Wake from sleep still not working for me (garbled screen). I did notice that now I can't wake it from keyboard though, before it wake up (but always get the garbled screen).

I think I made a mistake with the edits when I did the new one- since I'm not using the DSDT graphics fix, I didn't notice- will fix when I get a chance. The code should be like the blog post- that's the tested fix. :clap: Thanks!

tonymacx86 said:
I think I made a mistake with the edits when I did the new one- since I'm not using the DSDT graphics fix, I didn't notice- will fix when I get a chance. The code should be like the blog post- that's the tested fix. :clap: Thanks!

I take it back. Your fix looks fine. It's just that the ATI fix as described in DSDTSE doesn't work anymore. It used to work for F5. But now if I replace the code as described in the DSDTSE ATI hack, I get multiple compilation errors. If I do it like in the NVIDIA fix (it's a little different) then it compiles fine and everything seems to be working ok. So your file was fine to begin with.

Does this mean F6 isn't going to work on a UD2?

froalskiner said:
Does this mean F6 isn't going to work on a UD2?

You can still use F6 and everything will be great- just make sure to update from your specific and proper motherboard's official Gigabyte website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back