Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have been trying to edit a video for the first time on FCPX and I am able to get the saved footage into the program but the moment I mouse over any of the video clips and the program trys to do the scan I get the rainbow wheel thinking mouse icon :beachball: and the program stops responding. Does anyone have any idea what might be going wrong here?

You try to reinstall FCX?

I downloaded it off the app store so do you mean erasing it entirely and re-downloading? I have not done that.

My first post, and first hack, got very tired of waiting for an expensive macpro revision. I have slaved to get the rig going for 3 weeks, only to have same problem with final cut pro x as OP. any help? Would a sample of the process from activity manager help? I have 1.5 yrs of videos of my kid I haven't edited waiting for a macpro update,

Ga-z77X-ud5h
I7-3770
XFX HD-687X-CNFC Radeon HD 6870 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

jojomufasa said:
I have been trying to edit a video for the first time on FCPX and I am able to get the saved footage into the program but the moment I mouse over any of the video clips and the program trys to do the scan I get the rainbow wheel thinking mouse icon :beachball: and the program stops responding. Does anyone have any idea what might be going wrong here?

Exactly the same thing happened to us, did you get it fixed?

problem fixed, i never had sound working, and knew that's why quicktime was not working. i did not think it was a problem for fcpx, but it was. attached a usb sound device and all the problems went away.

cylon said:
problem fixed, i never had sound working, and knew that's why quicktime was not working. i did not think it was a problem for fcpx, but it was. attached a usb sound device and all the problems went away.

Thanks, Cylon -- that was my problem too. I was working on silent footage and hadn't thought about audio...

Another thing to keep in mind is the graphics card is the most important part of the setup. Although CUDA NVIDIA cards are great for Adobe CS6, the AMD Radeon cards are what FCPX utilizes best because of Open CL.

The second tip is get the fastest media drive you can. An eSATA raid will do the trick.

I have a sandy bridge 2600k with a Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3, 16GB RAM, and an AMD 6850

This thing kills the 8-Core tower I had at my old job, it's worth the work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back