2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Windows Phone
Got everything working from some guides on YouTube and some guides on here but there are these few minor issues I'd like to correct and I've seen people post about this but I can't find a solid how-to yet on what to do.

1. Wifi and Bluetooth.....do not work. BLuetooth isn't such a bug deal cuz I'm gona buy an iOgear adapter but I'd really like to get the wifi to work. Anything to get this working will help.

2. AirPlay! Ughhhhhh I use this so much on my ipad and MacBook so having this on my desktop is necessary for me.

3. Sleep also doesn't work and I've read other people are having the same issue. This isn't as important as the other two but I'd like to have a FULLY functioning hackintosh.

I also have a few questions about my graphics card. I have an EVGAgtx 670 and its recognized and eve thing with no problems but I haven't actually played any games yet. Do I need to download any drivers or anything or does it just work?

When I turn my computer on, it always goes to the chimera boot screen, is there a way to just boot straight to my mountainous lion instead of having to pick?

Other than that, everything works for the most part ;) I'd really like to fix the 3 things I have listed though so any and all the help I can get would be great.

-Yanc

For full airplay functionality you have to change the system definition from the default (MacPro 3,1) to a newer one, macmini 6,1 works but others probably do as well

For full airplay functionality you have to change the system definition from the default (MacPro 3,1) to a newer one, macmini 6,1 works but others probably do as well

How would I go about doing this? Should I do multibeast again?

Yes, you can select via multibeast, you will have to reboot for it to take affect. Note you don't have to re select your other setting in multibeast as they are already installed.

Yes, you can select via multibeast, you will have to reboot for it to take affect. Note you don't have to re select your other setting in multibeast as they are already installed.

Thank you sir! :)

Anyone know if i need to install drivers or such for my GTX 670? Or is it already working?

When I turn my computer on, it always goes to the chimera boot screen, is there a way to just boot straight to my mountainous lion instead of having to pick?

-Yanc

Yes. Open org.chameleon.Boot.plist (hdd-extra folder) and add "Quiet Boot" (see attachment, but instead of No put Yes):

Attachments

• Quiet.jpg
    Quiet.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 141
I've read somewhere about changing the half sized wifi card on the mobo. Will this help gettting the wifi to work? I bought a bluetooth dongle and its perfect but I really want the wifi for airplay on my new apple tv :/

Making a dsdt isn't really something I want to mess with either....and making one is the only way I've found to get sleep to work.

So i pretty much just need a fix for wifi since I can't add the external wifi card and a fix for sleep if possible without anything to do with dsdt's cuz I don't get them...

Yup, the default wifi+bt card that comes with the P8Z77-i board doesn't work - you need to swap it out for (e.g in mine) an Atheros 9280. See Going Bald's guide or my guide (step 6) in my signature. Make sure you disable on-board Bluetooth in the BIOS as you use a dongle (which is not on-board).

Fix for sleep - well I've all but given up, my computer starts in around 20 seconds anyway, so not too much of a problem for me.

Yup, the default wifi+bt card that comes with the P8Z77-i board doesn't work - you need to swap it out for (e.g in mine) an Atheros 9280. See Going Bald's guide or my guide (step 6) in my signature. Make sure you disable on-board Bluetooth in the BIOS as you use a dongle (which is not on-board).

Fix for sleep - well I've all but given up, my computer starts in around 20 seconds anyway, so not too much of a problem for me.

The Atheros one you pointed out looks great but it says only 300MBPS, does that make a difference to this intel one I found?:

http://www.amazon.com/Intel-Ultimate-633ANHMW-802-11n-Adapter/dp/B0038A9HSK/ref=cm_cmu_pg__header

I'm assuming this is the one you were talking about?

http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-AR5BHB92-Dual-band-802-11b-Toshiba/dp/B009HN63QQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365130411&sr=8-1&keywords=atheros+ar9280

There's so many I'm looking at, which one would be the best? I just saw this one for $10 shipped:

http://www.amazon.com/Intel-Wireless-450Mbps-533AN_HMW-Draft-N1/dp/B0099FLLFK/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1365130732&sr=1-2&keywords=half+size+mini+pcie+wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back