Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
System as follows:

Intel i7-3770
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H (v.F14 BIOS)
EVGA GeForce GT640 GPU
16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz (single 8gb stick currently in system)
SanDisk Extreme SSD 240 GB SATA 6.0
Seagate Barracuda HDD 1TB (not connected for install)
TP-Link PCI Express Wifi Adapter

This is my first hackintosh build and i'm having issues with the install process.

Here is my install path:

Snow Leopard retail dvd install (Success)
UpdateHelper.pkg run before the Snow Leopard 10.6.8 combo update
Restart machine
Multibeast 3.10.1 opened before loading the 10.6.8 combo update
10.6.8 combo update install (Success)
Restart machine
AppleSoftwareInstallerUpdate.dmg install
Restart machine
Download Mountain Lion from App store
Create USB boot drive using Unibeast 1.7 (success)
Restart, boot from USB, installer loads with no hangups, about 75% completion of the install the installation fails.

I've redownloaded the mountain lion app multiple times as that seems to be the problem for most other peoples failed installs but I'm beginning to get frustrated. System language is set to English. I will post a full install log tomorrow but I was hoping someone with a similar setup has overcome this issue via something more specific than trial and error.

Something I have noticed is that my Unibeast 1.7 installer always says "about a minute remaining" instead of the extremely long time frames reported in the guides (actual install process to a green checkmark SUCCESS screen is around 25 minutes)

I was able to create a bootable thumb drive with a clean bill of health according to the install log. Then upon a restart and install attempt I was getting a boot0: done error and no install happened. Forced installs via -v, -x caused an automatic restart of the system.

The thumb drive, an Amazon essentials 8gb, appears to be dead. Tried every mac and pc method of recovering, erasing, reformatting the stick including the prompt based tools but it appears the thumb drive is dead as it errors being formatted and is unreadable by any computer.

Tomorrow I will purchase a new USB 2.0/3.0 thumb stick and give it another shot. If the faster thumb drive fails to create a proper installer via my Snow Leopard hackintosh build I will run the unibeast 1.7/app store ML installer on a ML iMac.

I'm using this thread as an install log so others may possibly learn from my trouble.

[SOLVED] Fails installing Unibeast 1.7 Mountain Lion upgrade from Snow Leopard

Purchased a Sandisk Cruzer 16GB thumb drive

Ran Unibeast and successfully created a USB Mountain Lion boot stick

Successful install of Mountain Lion!

I have a bad thumb drive, d'oh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back