CPU
i5-10500T
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, my Dell Optiplex 5080 build works all fine except sleeping. It doesn't even go in or fail, it just doesn't sleep. I have this screen in case someone can guide me.
Thanks.

Captura de pantalla 2023-04-25 a las 0.54.09.png

RunningBoard can cause high CPU usage, which might prevent the system from sleeping. Have a look in the Activity Process app to see if this is the case on your system. This has been reported to be caused by the Spotify app running in the background. Quitting the Spotify app may resolve the RunningBoard side of the issue.

You bluetooth module preventing sleep may be down to an incorrectly set USB port connector type being used by the your BT dongle/module. Using a custom USBPorts.kext with the correct connector type set for each port would fix this issue.

Below is a link to the USBPorts.kext guide.

Completely off topic here, but I’ve experienced high CPU usage because of ‘bluetoothhd’ and have had to kill the process to resume normal service, with Bluetooth disconnecting then connecting again. The funny thing is it’s on my H310T which is below Apples 15 port limit, and the BT/WiFi module is plugged into the M.2 M Key via an adapter.

Does your Bluetooth module have its USB port set as connector type (255) internal?

Just because there are less than 15 ports available on a motherboard doesn't mean you can forget about needing a custom USB config for your system. If the ports are not set correctly then issues such as you mentioned can occur.

Does your Bluetooth module have its USB port set as connector type (255) internal?
That’s a really good question!, and one I can only answer when I get home later.

Just because there are less than 15 ports available on a motherboard doesn't mean you can forget about needing a custom USB config for your system. If the ports are not set correctly then issues such as you mentioned can occur.

Curse you USB maps!. Well there was an issue when I tested my Fenvi 919, which I dismantled and plugged into the M.2 M key because sadly there is no PCI slot on the H310T. Bluetooth was really flakey!.

Hello and thank you.
I just uninstalled Spotify and I'm going to check.
The wifi/bt port is as internal.
Let's see how it goes...

Well, now something has changed, he still doesn't sleep...

Captura de pantalla 2023-04-26 a las 20.54.13.png

Well, I rebuilt just in case my USBkext and this is the only thing that seems to prevent sleep:

sleep 1 (sleep prevented by runningboardd, bluetoothd)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back