Contribute
Register

EVGA X58 SLI LE, Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not sure if this will solve your sleep issue but try the attached dsdt for the shutdown problem.

Thanks again for trying to help!
I replaced DSDT.aml at /Extra with this modified version, deleted EvOreboot.kext and rebooted. Yes I can confirm that it works for shutdown, but still a no go for sleep... pity >.<

I noticed that sound disappeared after replaced the DSDT.aml. I have to re-run Muiltibeast to bring it back. I placed the new DSDT.aml on the desktop, I think Muiltibeast would be happy with it.
I found something very straight through this procedure... the DSDT.aml file seems been changed after it was copied to /Extra by Mulitibeast. Its chksum was md5:b0cac967f950befe404f1983ffaee121, it changed to 8706a15809bd7be8cdeda26ce22291e7. Anyway sound and shutdown still work.

Hi nothingwise, do you still have any idea to get Sleep to work?

Hi nothingwise, do you still have any idea to get Sleep to work?

I have moved over to clover for my bootloader. I moved on to the newest bios (at the time 83) and I still run 4.2Ghz with speedstep and CxE set to "Auto". Sleep and shutdown are excellent on 10.9.x. Just using FakeSMC, a modified VoodooHDA for the x-fi titanium (pcie) to get 2.1 sound, and the ethernet kext. If you guys/gals haven't checked out Clover, you definitely should. I have had zero issues with it.

I have moved over to clover for my bootloader. I moved on to the newest bios (at the time 83) and I still run 4.2Ghz with speedstep and CxE set to "Auto". Sleep and shutdown are excellent on 10.9.x. Just using FakeSMC, a modified VoodooHDA for the x-fi titanium (pcie) to get 2.1 sound, and the ethernet kext. If you guys/gals haven't checked out Clover, you definitely should. I have had zero issues with it.

Hi nothingwise, glad to see you arround in 2014 :) Did you edited a new DSDT file or still using the same one? I though bios 83 need a new edit?!

Hi nothingwise, glad to see you arround in 2014 :) Did you edited a new DSDT file or still using the same one? I though bios 83 need a new edit?!

I have attached the DSDT that I am currently using for bios 83 and OSX 10.9.2. I also took some photos of my power management settings and cpu settings in the bios. I am using Clover as my boot loader but I don't see any reason why this DSDT wouldn't work in chameleon. I also am using an X-Fi Titanium (pcie) for sound with the attached kext. I know I spent a lot of time trying to find one that wouldn't cause kernel panics and ended just up modifying a couple kexts together to get it to work (zero issues but only 2.1 not 5.1). Let me know if you need any other info =)

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    21.3 KB · Views: 166
  • CPUFeatures.jpg
    CPUFeatures.jpg
    483.7 KB · Views: 135
  • PowerManagementSettings.jpg
    PowerManagementSettings.jpg
    486.7 KB · Views: 151
  • VoodooHDA.kext.zip
    76.4 KB · Views: 56
Glad to see your post in 2014. You're DSDT that you shared in 2013 has been a lifesaver for my hackintosh. Everything is doing great on my 10.9.2 except the wake portion of it. I learned to live without it but I'm hoping someday I can get it to work. I'm still using the original bios when the bought the board, just too lazy to updated it. With bios 83 and clover bootloader, do you have any issue with wake?

My old x58 system is still a champ with this board...i forget what dsdt i'm running in it but no sleep is the only issue..to offset the issue i installed a more power efficient PSU lol...it's my spare system now as i've moved on to the haswell chipset

Glad to see your post in 2014. You're DSDT that you shared in 2013 has been a lifesaver for my hackintosh. Everything is doing great on my 10.9.2 except the wake portion of it. I learned to live without it but I'm hoping someday I can get it to work. I'm still using the original bios when the bought the board, just too lazy to updated it. With bios 83 and clover bootloader, do you have any issue with wake?

With bios 83 and clover sleep works great! I only have an issue with it if I over clock with bclk of 189 but that is true in windows as well so I don't think its an issue with OSX/Clover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back