Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey team!

Finally got the chance to start working on this hackinstosh project and working on my first build!

I am running into boot issues based on the post-install settings I choose in Multibeast after installing OSX through iboot.

My specs are as follows:

Board: EVGA 132-BL-E758-RX X58 3X SLI
CPU: Intel Core i7 920
Graphics: MSI NX7900GS GeForce 7900GS

Method 1: When I first boot with iboot after installation, I follow all steps and when I run easybeast, system boots from HDD BUT my video card isnt detected and just runs at 1024x768. When i install NVEnabler, I run into a KP, when boot with -v (Verbose mode) it shows that NVEnabler seems to be the problem.

Method 2: I have compiled a custom DSDT following tonymac's guide and have managed to compile one with a few tweaks and edits (graphics card info & "Method DTG" to allow tweaking) and have gotten 0 errors and 0 warnings. However When I start from scratch and boot with UserDSDT with my DSDT.aml file on desktop, I also run into a KP.

I have thoroughly read over the threads and am aware that the 7xxx series nVidia cards have lost support as of 10.6.2, as Tonymac mentioned. I followed a guide to download the 10.6.1 graphic kexts and place them into sys/lib/extensions folder, but no success.

Few people on here have gotten their 7xxx cards to boot up and work (in 32 bit mode of course since no support for 64 bit with these cards)

any help would be GREATLY appreciated, someone PLEASE direct me on what i could attempt to get this working. Have tried many advices already mentioned on this forum but no luck. :?

Thanks in advance :)

use NVEnabler in 32 bit. the key is injecting the display-cfgs

herre is the info.plist i use for my laptop
E1705,running 10.6.7, 32 bit, w/ qe-ci

the info.plist is from NVEnabler.kext

Attachments

• Info.plist
    2.2 KB · Views: 222
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back