Gigabyte GTX 660
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Okay,

Build 3 Hackintoshes so far, all run well. My last was a dual x5650 on a supermicro x8 board. It's a beast.

But in AL my builds the networking is flaky as hell!

Got 3 HP 360T cards with 82571EB (thought they were failing so I got a couple).

Got 3 motherboards with respectively a 82573V, 82576EB and a 82574L chipset.

None of them are thrust wordy, you got to unplug cables to wake them up... they die under heavy loads... with the AppleIntelE1000e.kext (multiple versions) or the AppleIGB.kext

Does anyone know of a stable solution under 10.9?

The HP 360T worked oob under 10.8 but 10.9 killed it...

I would not mind getting yet another NIC as long as it works...

Perhaps the same chip as the real mac pro? But the wiki only lists a vage "80003ES2LAN" reference for the chipset...

Thx for the input!
K.

I never got the onboard NIC to work.

I purchased the HP Intel Ethernet I210-T1 GbE NIC since this uses the chipset that is used in real mac's. Other people had better luck with the onboard chip of this card. It is also listed as compatible. But in my build it started to fail after a while.

I went back to the HP 360T that I previously owned together with the AppleIntelE1000e.kext v2.4.14 kext.

On booting I sometimes have to unplug the ethernet cable to wake it up but it works.

I stopped doing backups over ethernet so I don't know under what load it will fail. It also has a lot of latency so wifi might even perform better.

My conclusion is that unless you buy a smalltree card ethernet will always be flaky. I had a realtek chip on gigabyte board that was flaky, and I have a couple dozen Intel Gigabit chips on Supermicro boards. None of them work reliable.

But I got myself a couple of 4Gbs LSI fibre channel cards for no money at all, they seem to show up under OSX. I have a 40TB server that is currently in production but as soon as that's over I'm planning to start experimenting. (I'm planning to use that for backups).

Hope that helps!
K.

Okay,

Build 3 Hackintoshes so far, all run well. My last was a dual x5650 on a supermicro x8 board. It's a beast.

But in AL my builds the networking is flaky as hell!

Got 3 HP 360T cards with 82571EB (thought they were failing so I got a couple).

Got 3 motherboards with respectively a 82573V, 82576EB and a 82574L chipset.

None of them are thrust wordy, you got to unplug cables to wake them up... they die under heavy loads... with the AppleIntelE1000e.kext (multiple versions) or the AppleIGB.kext

Does anyone know of a stable solution under 10.9?

The HP 360T worked oob under 10.8 but 10.9 killed it...

I would not mind getting yet another NIC as long as it works...

Perhaps the same chip as the real mac pro? But the wiki only lists a vage "80003ES2LAN" reference for the chipset...

Thx for the input!
K.

This is a pretty good card that almost always works with 10.9: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007GMPZ0A/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back