Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS X99-M WS
CPU
i7-5820K
Graphics
HD 7950
After 12 years of Hackintosh building and posting guides on TonyMac I've given up.

I took a break for a couple years, then 2 months ago decided to put my Asus TUF Z390M system back in service. The first 2 weeks or more I tried to continue with Clover but that ended in frustration at Monterey. In between I considered OpenCore and after several weeks learning how I finally got my head around it with a fairly solid understanding of how it works (after plenty of mistakes). I have the system running Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur and Monterey, all the last released Apple versions.

While OpenCore seems promising I don't like a couple of major issues. OpenCore in my mind is too aggressive and too easy to fail. My biggest complaint is it's taking control of the motherboard BIOS to point that I can't get back into settings. I can get to the Boot list but that's all. I have found many complaints about this issue and no answers. I suspect this problem in part is related to the motherboard brand, because some say they have no such problem. The 2nd complaint I have is it is far too easy to loose the system, not be able to boot it again after a small change, even as simple as changing Kext files. This one issue is where I decided it was time to quit.

I'm sorry to say it's over, it's not worth the trouble, there's no valid benefit, it's a big waste of time and money.

Motherboard: Asus TUF Z390M
CPU: Intel i9-9900K
GPU: Radeon DX 580

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back