Contribute
Register

Elementary OS Luna

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also tried Freya while it was still in beta and it ran fine on a Widows 8.1 latptop with
UEFI. I did have to change a few UEFI settings to be able to boot from a flash drive. It
seemed super fast and responsive. Even has the "snap" features in Windows that OS X
doesn't have yet.

Here's another potential low cost "Mini clone." This HP desktop sells for 180 dollars right now
I'm sure that one could get Freya running on one of these. Should be even easier than
trying to install on a Chromebox.

http://www.amazon.com/HP-Stream-200-010-Mini-Desktop/dp/B00R7R1GWK/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1428969305&sr=1-1&keywords=HP+Stream+200-010

These HP Streams are now the best selling computers on Amazon.com in the desktop category.
If it can handle Win 8.1 it surely can handle Freya as the main OS. With Freya it makes a nice
looking easy to use and secure web surfing device that can stream your content to a large TV.
You could even run dual monitors off of this. If anyone tries this out let me know.

Here's another low cost way you could run the E. OS. Just buy an Asus Chromebox for around
150 USD and then install it alongside Chrome OS.

Actually, at our office we purchased a bunch of Asus VIVO PC's. They were around $200 each and run linux perfectly. They are extremely small and for their cost, they work very, very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back