Contribute
Register

El capitan USB issues - possible fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im confused where it says "Than open RehabMan's version of MaciASL and change the compiler options to ACPI 5.0 and then select file - new." how do I change the compiler options?

Edit: nvm found it

Im confused where it says "Than open RehabMan's version of MaciASL and change the compiler options to ACPI 5.0 and then select file - new." how do I change the compiler options?

Open MaciASL then open preferences and its in there.

matt

CsrActiveConfig 0x3 with Clover

What does 'with clover' mean? Do you mean you've put them in the kexts folder?

if so that won't work. They need installing into S/L/E with kext beast.

Matt

Followed instructions in first post on a z97x-UD7; didn't solve the problem and now I lost audio. Thoughts?

Edit: Rolled back to AppleHDA native, tried to run the patch again. SIP wasn't disabled. Disabled it, reboot, lost all USB. So the kexts mustn't work for this board.

What does 'with clover' mean? Do you mean you've put them in the kexts folder?

if so that won't work. They need installing into S/L/E with kext beast.

Matt
Yes I put the kexts in S/L/E.
I made the hack using Clover

Hello,
I have the same problem as iGoldHouse, I followed your guide, don't know where I could have made a mistake but the FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext kext is not loading on my Asus Z97 pro wifi/ac.
csr-active-config is set to 0x67 in clover.
The 2 extensions are well located in S/L/E. I installed with KextBeast, Kext Utility and Kext Wizard with same result.

For now The USB 3.0 BUS is showing OK I suppose, but when I copy a file on the Datatraveler 3.0 USB key, the speed is more like USB2 :(

What could I have done wrong?

By the way, thank you very much Matt and RehabMan for the hard work!
Here's a screenshot (sorry, it's in french)

Attachments

• USB.jpg
    USB.jpg
    560.1 KB · Views: 163
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back