Contribute
Register

eGPU for 4530s - Anyone got it working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a Zotac GeForce GTX 560 Ti working as an eGPU on my 4530s. All I had to do was plug in the express card adapter after Chimera came up and OSX would detect it and start using it shortly after the login screen would appear. I'm currently using it to drive a Korean WQHD display - I plan to pick up another one in a month or so, as this card has 2x dual-link DVI.

Hey guys, i'm thinking of getting an E-gpu but i'm having problems trying to find one.

The only one i've managed to find is the vidock and only available from one place.

Trying to search external graphics processing unit, E-gpu and external graphics card on amazon and ebay don't come up with what i'm looking for.

Am I looking for the wrong thing?

What other makes are available?

Preferably sold in the UK

Hey guys, i'm thinking of getting an E-gpu but i'm having problems trying to find one.

The only one i've managed to find is the vidock and only available from one place.

Trying to search external graphics processing unit, E-gpu and external graphics card on amazon and ebay don't come up with what i'm looking for.

Am I looking for the wrong thing?

What other makes are available?

Preferably sold in the UK

I'm currently using this one: PE4L (version 2.1b) - you can get it at

http://www.harmonicinversion.com/pr...&product_id=193&flypage=flypage-ask.tpl&pop=1

I believe it comes with DIY Setup 1.x so you can whitelist for free :D If you have the 4530s get the expresscard version. It rocks!

About an hour after posting I found that exact same thing from another place for $70 and forgot to come back and edit my post.
Surely the DIY setup can be sourced freely somewhere?

Would it be possible for someone to create a guide for users wanting to give this eGPU installation a try..

i'm picking up the pe4l 2.1b setup this week. ill post my progress. im running 10.6.8 on a 4530s i3 2350m 8gb ram. im hoping to get open GL support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back