Contribute
Register

Easy, Repeatable Dell 8700 Clover Install Guide (Yosemite OS X 10.10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried both native kext and the Nvidia web driver, and they all give me KP whenever I am trying to shutdown/reboot the machine. :(

I guess I am going to wait and see if apple's next patch will fix it.

Thanks for the guide! Everything appears to be working except for the USB 2.0 ports. Actually, some of the USB 3.0 ports seem to also work randomly. Did anyone try installing the generic USB 3.0 kexts?

Thanks for the guide! Everything appears to be working except for the USB 2.0 ports. Actually, some of the USB 3.0 ports seem to also work randomly. Did anyone try installing the generic USB 3.0 kexts?

I did not install USB 3 kexts. They seem to all be working and recognized as a USB 3.0 high speed bus. However I have no USB 3 devices to check functional speed. All ports on front top and back work.

I have an xps 8700 with gtx 650Ti and it's working flawlessly w. Maverick.

I followed your steps and was never able to BOOT into clover?.. my system will go to the BOOT Manager and going to Boot device doesn't sees CLOVER..

is anyone having the same issues? much help if someone could help.

Thanks

GUys, need your help. i finally got it to recognize with the older version of clover.. i isntalled it successfully to my harddrive. however after the installation clover doesn't recognize the harddrive that i installed yosemite in!!

praneeth22 said:
I was able to setup two Dell XPS 8700 systems flawlessly with the following steps. Everything except built-in Wifi should work. The systems had stock hardware except for upgraded Nvidia graphics (GTX 760) which should not impact the success of the following steps:

1) If you haven't done so already, download OS X Yosemite in App Store on a Mac or another hackintosh.

2) As mentioned in the Pinned Yosemite Clover install thread create a USB stick:

Start Disk Utility, Select the USB Drive (not the partition the drive itself), Go to the Partition tab. select Current, then 1 Partition. Choose MAC OS Extended (Journaled), select Options, GUID partition mapping (Important) and name it Install. (I tried with both USB Stick and External USB drive with success) The command in terminal shown below can take a long time depending on the speed of your USB drive (10-30mins). I recommend using a better USB stick to avoid pulling your hair out during this process.

Ensure the OS X Yosemite.app is in your Application folder.

Yosemite Final - Clover USB Installer.

* This process assumes you are familiar with Clover...

Format a 8GB+ USB with GUID partition mapping and name it Install.
Insure the OS X Yosemite.app is in your Application folder.

In terminal run the following script.

Code:
sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume  /Volumes/Install --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app --nointeraction

This will take several minutes so be patient, the script will notify you when complete.

3) Download Clover 2953 or newer from here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/

The above instructions did not work for my setup :( XPS 8700:

Chipset: Intel Z87 Express
Procesor: Inter Core i7 4790 3, 6Ghz 8 MB
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz
HARD DRIVE: 1 TB SATA 7200 obr/min
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 Graphics With up to 4GB DDR3 graphics memory
Sound Card: Realtek

After patching the kernel displays the error "HAS ARRIVED DSMOS" and followed by a reset. Please send your config. Please help me.

The above instructions did not work for my setup :( XPS 8700:

Chipset: Intel Z87 Express
Procesor: Inter Core i7 4790 3, 6Ghz 8 MB
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz
HARD DRIVE: 1 TB SATA 7200 obr/min
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 Graphics With up to 4GB DDR3 graphics memory
Sound Card: Realtek

After patching the kernel displays the error "HAS ARRIVED DSMOS" and followed by a reset. Please send your config. Please help me.

As with most Hackintosh installs a fresh install might be the best way to try to tackle this. Then make sure the steps are followed exactly. The hardware you listed other than the graphics card (which I don't know about) Should work. Also confirm your Bios settings are correct.

As with most Hackintosh installs a fresh restart might be the best way to try to tackle this. Then make sure the steps are followed exactly. The hardware you listed other than the graphics card (which I don't know about) Should work. Also confirm your Bios settings are correction.

I do everything step by step instructions. I prepared two different Macs pendrive and singer continued receives error DSMOS HAS ARRIVED or without the -v parameter shows the progress bar reaches 30% and followed by a reset.

Pictures Bios settings:

FullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender_1.jpgFullSizeRender_2.jpgFullSizeRender_3.jpg

Yeah, I would definitely recommend trying a clean wipe to fix the install error.

Post install, I'm getting errors saying "OSX wasn't shut down properly" and shutdown just restarts the computer. I thought it had something to do with evoreboot... but I don't know anymore. I'm thinking it my have to do with the nvidia gt 720

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back