Contribute
Register

[Easy Guide] ML: HDMI Audio/HD4000/7 Series MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow. that was easy.

Thank you Toleda. embarrassingly i had forgotten i even had two ports until your kind reply!

Hi, Toleda. I followed your guide and now HD4000 + GTX660 are working fine with GE=no and hdmi audio ok but only in HD4000.
I need hdmi audio with nvidia too (i need connect 5 displays + 1 TV)....

Please, check my specs and dump of ioreg and dsdt....

GA-Z77X-UP4 TH
Core i7 3770K
Gigabyte GTX 660 OC

Thanks....

Edit: Solved with this modification of dsdt:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/70765-mountain-lion-hdmi-audio-83.html#post578830

Attachments

• ioreg_and_dsdt.zip
    510.3 KB · Views: 85
I have the revision 1.1 of the GA-Z77-DS3H and the 3570k processor installed followed the guide and well it I'm kinda SOL. After a while there is a popping sound in the hdmi audio and I have to reboot. Also internet sharing problems are a pain. I have 16 Gb of memory as well anybody else have this issue?
Cause while kernel panics are virtually non-existent. This popping issue requires frequent reboots and this is sort of annoying.
terramir

IAfter a while there is a popping sound in the hdmi audio and I have to reboot. Also internet sharing problems are a pain. Cause while kernel panics are virtually non-existent.
Popping is not possible with digital audio. HDMI audio has nothing to do with Internet sharing. No kernel panics is good. What is the audio source and player?

Finally got through the guide. Very thorough! I got some errors in compiling:

View attachment Compiling Errors.tiff

I've attached the dsdt and the IOreg. Thanks for all you help!

JKP
GAQ77MD2H
F1
HD4000

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    14.4 KB · Views: 65
  • ML’s Mac Pro.zip
    474.4 KB · Views: 67
So I put the DSDT in the Extra's folder and reboot but now it hangs. I did single users verbose.

About to reinstall os and try again. Thoughts?

JKP

got it to work, the the dsdt file did nothing. no change in sound preferences.

My apologies. Got a bit frustrated. Went for a walk. Starting fresh. Reinstalling 10.8.3, multi beast, and then trying the guide again.

My question, HD4000 audio patch should I use for a Q77 board (GA-Q77M-D2H)?

JKP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back