Contribute
Register

Early Adopters > Mavericks on a Gigabyte H/Z97N-WIFI using HD4600 - No Graphics Card Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have pretty much done alost everything exactly the same as you except for the last 7/8 steps but I am still having trouble unless I boot in safe mode (-x).

Anything that you recon I could try?
These are the "last 7/8 steps." Which one are you stuck on?

:ch: After the MultiBeast installation is complete, copy the Kext Utility from the UniBeast USB thumb drive to the Desktop and unzip it by double clicking on it;
:ch: Copy the Azul zip file to the Desktop, unzip it and move the zip file to the Trash;
:ch: Drag and drop the AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext onto the Kext Utility icon to install the kext;
:ch: copy the graphics_intel_hd5k-azul-d-90_patch.zip file to the Desktop, unzip it and move the zip file to the Trash;
:ch: Double click on the graphics_intel_hd5k-azul-d-90_patch.command and enter your password;
:ch: Reboot into the BIOS.
:ch: Change BIOS Features > Boot Options Priorities > set this to the P0 setting for the Mavericks drive
:ch: F10 to save the BIOS update and reboot.​

While your BT mouse will work in the BIOS, you'll still need a USB mouse to get pass the initial installation process. I used an old Logitech USB mouse.

As for your installation disk not being visible, did follow tonymacx86's 10.9 Installation Guide (see Guides menu at top of the page), Step 4-6 to use the Disk Utility to format your installation drive after you selected your language and before you started the main installation process? My guide refers to the tonymacx86's Guide so I didn't have to repeat his well written steps.

Cheers, it appeared the logitech BT mouse (with USB adapter) was kinda working - just extremely laggy and therefore unusable. I used a wired mouse and was then able to access the menus to format the disk.

Installation ran to completion but I am now getting kernel panics. Tried a couple of quick things (-x -v maxmem=4096) but nothing yet.

I see 10.9.4 is out but does not offer direct support for Z97. I will wait for an updated Unibeast / hack whilst I continue to investigate.

Once again thanks for the help.

Richard

...Installation ran to completion but I am now getting kernel panics. Tried a couple of quick things (-x -v maxmem=4096) but nothing yet....
-v -x should be enough to get you back into OS X to finish the installation. Be sure to boot with UniBeast both for the installation and then for the follow installation to use MultiBeast.

for some reason any sort of sound is not working for me. :banghead:

i installed all of the things that should have been installed. Please help.

for some reason any sort of sound is not working for me. :banghead:

i installed all of the things that should have been installed. Please help.
If you installed 10.9.4, then you didn't read the first sentence of the original post.

-v -x should be enough to get you back into OS X to finish the installation. Be sure to boot with UniBeast both for the installation and then for the follow installation to use MultiBeast.

Sorry, I am not sure I follow that.

I have installed with Unibeast - both your guide and Tonymacs seem to say reboot using the Mavericks disk to get into Multibeast.

I can't see how I would start Multibeast from within the Unibeast installer.

Sorry, I am not sure I follow that.

I have installed with Unibeast - both your guide and Tonymacs seem to say reboot using the Mavericks disk to get into Multibeast.

I can't see how I would start Multibeast from within the Unibeast installer.
I'm referring to Step 5 in the tonymacx86 10.9 Installation Guide. I'm assuming from your previous post that you can't get into the Mavericks Desktop to run MultiBeast. If that's the case, you need to boot using your UniBeast stick as per Step 5, then select Mavericks with the arrow key, hit the space bar, type in the -v -x, and press Return. That should get you into Mavericks to run MultiBeast.

Stork, my display port for HDMI is 0x0, and not 0x7. Bad news for me?

pic.png

Stork, my display port for HDMI is 0x0, and not 0x7. Bad news for me?

View attachment 97748
Hmmm. I'm only guessing, but try the graphics_intel_hd5k-azul-a-90_patch.command or the graphics_intel_hd5k-azul-b-90_patch.command commands in toleda's thread. I'm basing my guess on looking at his table and your H97M's motherboard graphics outputs are VGA/DVI/HDMI. So, 0x7 needs to be the HDMI/DV. But, like I said, I'm guessing. You might want to post in toleda's thread.

OK I will. I was hoping when you said yours was unique for your board that it also has this 0x0 port. I'm quite sure this slow boot may have something to do with it. It looks like the noise I get on my HP monitor before log-in is specific to this monitor. There is like a 25sec lag from the wheel stop spinning to log in. This monitor puts out noise in that lag. I plugged in a HDMI TV, and on that the lag its white screen. I bet it's all related to this unusual port thing. It doesn't do it with DVI. used an older monitor with DVI. Unfortunately this HP monitor doesn't have a DVI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back