Contribute
Register

e6510 White circle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. This is my first post here. I am trying to get Sierra set up (downloaded from app store from a mac) on my e6510 and I've got clover booting but the boot will go to an apple logo and then after the loading bar gets about half way it halts and I see a "stop" icon and that's where I'm stuck. I have no idea what flags or settings I need to use so any help here would be great. I've attached what I get when I run it in verbose mode.

Attachments

• IMG_0314.JPG
    IMG_0314.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 129
Hi all. This is my first post here. I am trying to get Sierra set up (downloaded from app store from a mac) on my e6510 and I've got clover booting but the boot will go to an apple logo and then after the loading bar gets about half way it halts and I see a "stop" icon and that's where I'm stuck. I have no idea what flags or settings I need to use so any help here would be great. I've attached what I get when I run it in verbose mode.

Not a guide. Moved to laptop support.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

I followed the Clover guide to making the USB boot disk but this is where I'm stuck. Where should I be looking for helpful information? I didn't see anything about my problem in the link you posted.

If you followed the guide, why isn't your profile filled out as requested in the FAQ *and* guide? Please fix your profile before your next reply.

Boot verbose, attach photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder (not EFI folder). Please strip Clover/themes before compressing as ZIP.

If you followed the guide, why isn't your profile filled out as requested in the FAQ *and* guide? Please fix your profile before your next reply.

Boot verbose, attach photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder (not EFI folder). Please strip Clover/themes before compressing as ZIP.

Not sure what any of that means. I just had a USB drive made with Unibeast. but I did attach a verbos boot image already. Just looking for someone to help me. I don't know what the motherboard is but it's a Dell e6510 with NVIDIA NVS 3100M. has a core i5.

Not sure what any of that means. I just had a USB drive made with Unibeast. but I did attach a verbos boot image already. Just looking for someone to help me. I don't know what the motherboard is but it's a Dell e6510 with NVIDIA NVS 3100M. has a core i5.

The request in the guide and FAQ reads as follows:

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back