i5-8600K
Graphics
UHD 630 & RX 580 Pulse 8GB Lite
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
I'm wanting to put all of my DVD's onto my computer for my home theatre.

Prefer MP4 format, and was just wondering what people recon was the best way to do this.

Have tried handbrake but the audio output isn't very good.

Any tips?

Thanks

Tom

I use a program called RIP IT, works really well but the files are quite big as it copies the disc exactly so the files are usually about 7gb. I have used this for a while now any i think its great, only take about 20-30mins per disc. Not sure on the file type as not on my mac at the moment, but they are read by Plex whixh is what I use as i think its slightly better than front row. Also Ripit is Free.

Do a google search for rip it mac and you will find it.

Hope this helps

Staples262

Hi,
I'm wanting to put all of my DVD's onto my computer for my home theatre.

Prefer MP4 format, and was just wondering what people recon was the best way to do this.

Have tried handbrake but the audio output isn't very good.

Any tips?

Thanks

Tom

Hi, what profile are you choosing in Handbrake? I'm using AppleTV 3, and it lets me choose stereo or 5.1 surround. Watching it through my Home Theater from my AppleTV, I can't tell much of a difference, if any at all to the DVD.

You should try MakeMKV, I use it to rip blurays.

It's on Windows, but CloneDVD and AnyDVD just can't be beat.
Luckily I bought the lifetime license update years ago.
I think they have a free trial too.

www.slysoft.com

I'm using Handbrake. I think it's one of the easiest programs for ripping.

I use MakeMKV to rip the movie, Convert using Handbrake and then use an app called Subler. It can add the album artwork and metadata to .mp4 so I can drop them into iTunes to play. Box up my DVD's and in the attic they go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back