Contribute
Register

Dualboot Win7 and Mavericks on 4530s with Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have done that. Everything is installed, only the Intel 3000 drivers are not... And if I try... Bluescreen. Then I have to go back to a recovery point.

I have done that. Everything is installed, only the Intel 3000 drivers are not... And if I try... Bluescreen. Then I have to go back to a recovery point.

You must be installing the wrong drivers. If in doubt, stick to the drivers from the HP site. HD3000 drivers should be the second driver you install. First should be the chipset drivers. It is best to not connect to the internet to keep Windows Update from upsetting the order.

Also,

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

I dunno what to do. I did everything in the right order. But when I install Intel 3000 drivers or the ones for the switchable AMD graphics, it gives me bluescreen. Maybe it is because I have built in a FHD screen?

I dunno what to do. I did everything in the right order. But when I install Intel 3000 drivers or the ones for the switchable AMD graphics, it gives me bluescreen. Maybe it is because I have built in a FHD screen?

You should not install the AMD graphics drivers unless you have it. Note that you still have not filled out your profile as requested, so I have no idea what hardware you have.

And Windows installation questions are really off-topic for this forum. You should probably start over with your Windows installation. Make sure you used a genuine image of Windows and make sure you used the "Win7 USB Download Tool" to create your installer USB.

Yeah sure, but it is about Clover and a Dualboot. Would be great, if the guide would be more detailed for this.

So I installed Windows anew with UEFI USB Stick I made with the link from the tutorial. It is now a clean install.

I have a HP Probook 4530s with an I5 2410M and HD 3000 Graphics with a built in FHD screen. Everything installed on an 128GB SSD. I used a very new ISO from CHIP.de, which is a huge site for software and PC stuff in Germany.

In the guide it is mentioned to install first the Service Pack. But you told me even now to first install the chipset drivers, then the graphic drivers for intel. Because I am not connected to the internet right now, what should be the steps? I am a little big confused right now.

And there is only one driver for the Intel 3000:

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/si...x.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken

I also tried to install the drivers over Windows update AND tried it from hardware manager to update drivers. Everytime Bluescreen, no matter which order I choose...

Yeah sure, but it is about Clover and a Dualboot. Would be great, if the guide would be more detailed for this.

Installing Windows, assuming you have a valid image of Windows is fairly straightforward.

So I installed Windows anew with UEFI USB Stick I made with the link from the tutorial. It is now a clean install.

I have a HP Probook 4530s with an I5 2410M and HD 3000 Graphics with a built in FHD screen.

Please fill out your profile as requested in post #12.

Everything installed on an 128GB SSD. I used a very new ISO from CHIP.de, which is a huge site for software and PC stuff in Germany.

No idea on that site. I get my Windows images directly from Microsoft.

In the guide it is mentioned to install first the Service Pack. But you told me even now to first install the chipset drivers, then the graphic drivers for intel. Because I am not connected to the internet right now, what should be the steps? I am a little big confused right now.

I would install the chipset drivers first... You should download the drivers you need and put them on USB, so you don't have to connect to the internet.

Well, there is also the HD3000 driver from Intel... And the one from Windows update. I've never had any issue with any of them when I had my 4530s. But I always use images direct from official Microsoft retail DVDs or downloads from Microsoft technet.

I also tried to install the drivers over Windows update AND tried it from hardware manager to update drivers. Everytime Bluescreen, no matter which order I choose...

Perhaps you should post a photo...

Ok, screw that. I've installed Win 8.1 and everything worked great, when installing the Intel 3000 drivers.

Thanks for your time to help me with my problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back