Contribute
Register

Dual boot Yosemite (Clover) + Windows 10 in Separate SSD's

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not Formatted the partition for Windows 10 yet (The NTFS one).

My question was regarding the USB drive, since after i format the Windows SSD Drive i'm not sure the USB booting will work or not.

I have not Formatted the partition for Windows 10 yet (The NTFS one).

My question was regarding the USB drive, since after i format the Windows SSD Drive i'm not sure the USB booting will work or not.
USB boot has nothing to do with HDD/SSD formatting. If it booted before you format the SSD it will boot after you format the SSD.

Hello,
I formatted the windows SSD, and created the UEFI installer for Windows 10 but it just doesn't boot, it always states that i should insert a valid drive :'(

Now i don't have Windows and can just boot to Yosemite using clover,

How can i (using mac) create a usb drive that will actually boot? I tested all possibilities and my usb drive just doesnt boot at all after i installed windows 10 legacy mode (the first time)

PLease help! :(

I have finally made it! :headbang:

The whole issue with the USB stick not booting was that it wasn't partitioned in FAT32 but in NTFS for some reason when using rufus. I had to create the installer on a virtual machine and then on the windows installer i had to press shift + f10 to use diskpart and clean and convert to gpt partition the SSD drive where windows 10 was going to install, otherwise i wasn't able to install windows on that drive.

Hope this helps anyone some day,
Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back