Contribute
Register

Dual boot with Mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the store are building it, then would they consider over clocking once you have OS X installed - I don't know how practical that might be for yourself

Another option might be go foe a low initial over clock of 4.2 and look at this again after 2/3 months for a return visit to see if they can do a higher over clock, testing with windows and OS X.

I would build first and over clock later personally. You might like a small initial over clock like 4.2 which should be fine. Further over clocking can be tried later.

Adrian B

Hi Adrian,
I tried to install Win 7 with Mavericks. I followed the guide and used separate HDD for both. Now separately both Mavericks and Win 7 is working. Then I used multibeast to update boot loaders but evertime I restart Win 7 drive boots first. I tried everything possible. My first boot device is Maverick drive(samsung) and windows 7 is on separate drive (Kingston). I also have DATA in my Fatex drive shown when I boot with unibeast usb. The problem is I dont see system reserved partition. Can you plz guide me here. Few image from the boot menu are attached here.

Looking forward.................thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    670.3 KB · Views: 110
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    878.2 KB · Views: 120
Hi Adrian,
I tried to install Win 7 with Mavericks. I followed the guide and used separate HDD for both. Now separately both Mavericks and Win 7 is working. Then I used multibeast to update boot loaders but evertime I restart Win 7 drive boots first. I tried everything possible. My first boot device is Maverick drive(samsung) and windows 7 is on separate drive (Kingston). I also have DATA in my Fatex drive shown when I boot with unibeast usb. The problem is I dont see system reserved partition. Can you plz guide me here. Few image from the boot menu are attached here.

Looking forward.................thanks in advance.

Boot to BIOS and make the P0 Samsung first in HDD boot order. This should take care of it. If you pre-formatted your Kingston SSD before you installed Win7, there will not be a System Reserved partition.
When installing Chimera from MultiBeast or the stand alone installer make absolutely sure you install to the correct drivve if you left others connected. Best to disconnect ALL other drives than the one you are installing on/working with.
Is this correct? Without the UniBeast USB when you...
Boot with only Win7 SSD connected - boots Win7 normally
Boot with only OS X SSD connected - boots OS X normally

Thanks for the reply. I will try these options and get back to you soon.

Without the UniBeast USB when I...

So what should be the next step. Just want to make sure I am doing it the proper way. I connected both drives, and started my computer without unibeast usb it goes directly to windows. So what I did that I started with unibeast usb and boot in to Mavericks. There I used multibeast to update bootloader, clicked on chimera v2.2.1 only and install that. Then I restarted my system and guess what it started with Win7. I checked in the bios, I do no have the option of P0---i.e. my samsung drive on which maverick is installed is the first drive with UEFI---> Samsung drive but I donot have the option of P0--->samsung mavericks there to make it my first boot option. Its strange as when I go to boot menu by pressing F12 I see P0 samsung ssd---> maverick drive as an option to boot with (pic attached in last post).

And the final point is that when I click on UEFI-ssd---> Maverick ssd ----it is by passed and Windows 7 starts but when I click on P0--->samsung maverick then Maverick starts. I am not getting the option of dual boot screen.

Any suggestion.........

Without the UniBeast USB when I...

And the final point is that when I click on UEFI-ssd---> Maverick ssd ----it is by passed and Windows 7 starts but when I click on P0--->samsung maverick then Maverick starts. I am not getting the option of dual boot screen.

Any suggestion.........

OK, in BIOS select Device BBS Priorities in the BIOS Features tab and select your P0 Samsung SSD as first in boot order.

Ok got it. A quick question, I was reading your post about disabling UEFI for Window install. Now my question is that after the install when we connect both hdd. Should we activate UEFI option again.

I did the same. Even I installed Windows again with legacy mode. Still both OS boot well separately. But dual boot screen not visible. I have set up the boot options as you mentioned. Still no luck. Any suggestion from the forum.

Eureka. I finally installed both. I am so dumb that I didnot realize that I have to press a key with I am in boot screen to see the different boot options available. I was doing everything right but not pressing the key to have the dual boot screen..................

Thanks a lot. I am really grateful. This forum is superb. I am learning a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back