Onboard
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
:beachball:Hello!

This is my first post here on TonyMacX86. First of all, thank you everyone from development to the community for the support you provide!:clap:

Long story short, i am starting my senior project that involves putting OS X on my Toshiba Satellite L655-S5059. I am banking on using 10.9 Mavericks and will perform a live DJ Set on stage to show USB, MIDI, and Audio functionality. However, i would like to know if i could dual boot windows 7 and 10.9 from one drive without having to reinstall windows. If possible, how difficult would it be to learn to maintain and upgrade the Operating Systems and Bootloader in the future. I understand it is not recommended to use only one drive for this, however i am not in the position to install a second hard drive with a drive caddy.

A little off topic, but does anyone have a clue as to how i could fit a 15mm tall 2.5" drive in a 12mm tall 2.5" bay on the laptop? :banghead:

Much Thanks and appreciation for your Input.

Cheers!:thumbup:

:beachball:Hello!

This is my first post here on TonyMacX86. First of all, thank you everyone from development to the community for the support you provide!:clap:

Long story short, i am starting my senior project that involves putting OS X on my Toshiba Satellite L655-S5059. I am banking on using 10.9 Mavericks and will perform a live DJ Set on stage to show USB, MIDI, and Audio functionality. However, i would like to know if i could dual boot windows 7 and 10.9 from one drive without having to reinstall windows. If possible, how difficult would it be to learn to maintain and upgrade the Operating Systems and Bootloader in the future. I understand it is not recommended to use only one drive for this, however i am not in the position to install a second hard drive with a drive caddy.

A little off topic, but does anyone have a clue as to how i could fit a 15mm tall 2.5" drive in a 12mm tall 2.5" bay on the laptop? :banghead:

Much Thanks and appreciation for your Input.

Cheers!:thumbup:

Not without re-installing Windows or patching the OS X installer. See, the OS X installer will not install to an MBR drive... only to GPT... and no doubt your Windows install is MBR, not GPT.

There are ways to patch the OS X installer, but they are not recommended.

Also, I suggest you read the rules: http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

10.9 is a developer build under NDA and discussing installation with it is not allowed per site rules.

My apologies, I did not realize that the discussion of said developer preview was against the rules. I assure it will not happen again and thank you for informing me.Back to my question, if I were to install mountain lion on the laptop, could I later install windows along side it and use a backup of windows to restore the settings and configurations? How would I be able to update windows, osx 10.8 and the bootloader for future reference? Also, to clear up any questions I do intend on purchasing mountain lion from the apple store and using the supplied software from this resource. Once again imam sorry for discussing the previous topic and will be checking for new rules before posting in the future.Once again, thank you for your time mate!

My apologies, I did not realize that the discussion of said developer preview was against the rules. I assure it will not happen again and thank you for informing me.Back to my question, if I were to install mountain lion on the laptop, could I later install windows along side it and use a backup of windows to restore the settings and configurations?

Not so sure what you're getting at with the 'backup of windows to restore...' If you install Windows fresh, you lose all settings. There is the Windows Easy Transfer program, but I would not/do not trust it. Much easier just to make your settings manually, and restore your files from a backup drive.

How would I be able to update windows, osx 10.8 and the bootloader for future reference?

Not sure I understand the question. You update Windows just like normal (Windows Update). You need to be a bit more careful with OS X wrt to updates, usually downloading the "combo/standalone" update instead of using the AppStore based Software Update (so you can do various post update steps, like patching kexts, depending on hardware config). And for the bootloader you just update it with it's package installer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back