GTX 670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi there guys!

I just joined the forums after being really interested in dual booting my system, i followed this guide down to the T and Mavericks installed great.

However, I'm unable to boot into my windows o/s. It blue screens/says bootmgr is missing.

I was originally running windows 7 on one SSD. I had a spare SSD in my system so i installed Mavericks to that. Now even when my Mavericks SSD is not plugged in, Win7 wont boot.

Any help on getting the two to work would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
V.

Greetings!

I have a dual boot Mavericks/Windows 8 system, utilizing 2 separate SSD's for each operating system. I also installed Windows first, on the Disk0 (1st SATA position SSD) and placed Mavericks on Disk1 (2nd SATA position SSD). After installation of Mavericks and setting up Disk1 with Multibeast, I had no problems booting either OS through the Gigabyte Boot Selector via the F12 key.

Sounds to me that its possible that you might have accidentally wrote over the boot partition on your Windows OS SSD. Have you tried a repair utilizing the Windows installer? If that doesn't work then a reinstallation of Windows may be necessary.

Keep at it, you will soon make it work!

Regards,

Hi there guys!

I just joined the forums after being really interested in dual booting my system, i followed this guide down to the T and Mavericks installed great.

However, I'm unable to boot into my windows o/s. It blue screens/says bootmgr is missing.

I was originally running windows 7 on one SSD. I had a spare SSD in my system so i installed Mavericks to that. Now even when my Mavericks SSD is not plugged in, Win7 wont boot.

Any help on getting the two to work would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
V.

To recover your boot manager in win 7 follow the guide in this post:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/windows/119394-windows-boot-manager-throwing-up-error.html#post728013

Thank you both for the help!

I tried both (repair + following bill's post) and had no luck. I reinstalled windows and now they are both working!

However, in order to get to the boot menu (to boot onto mavericks), i have to boot from the USB i used to install mavericks. Then select my o/s. If i boot without the USB, it defaults to win7.

Is this what is supposed to be happening? Or is my boot manager not working correctly.

Many thanks,
V.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back