Contribute
Register

dual boot os x el capitan on a pc already running windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try the flash drive in a different (USB2) port.

That was the answer. Thank You!

Next issue .... Installation Screen is telling me to select the disk I want to install OS X on and the only choice is the USB drive. How do I get to the hard drive?

That was the answer. Thank You!

Next issue .... Installation Screen is telling me to select the disk I want to install OS X on and the only choice is the USB drive. How do I get to the hard drive?
Click on disk utility and see if it shows there. If it does, format/erase it.

Thank you... I have completed the setup of the USB Flash Drive and tried to boot from it with no success. I do not have the option to boot from the USB Drive. The only options are the hard drives that are installed or the cd\dvd. How can i boot from the flash drive?
Hit F12 during the power-up post - from the dropdown menu, select hard drives - your USB should show up in the list.

I was successful installing everything all the way through the instructions Step 5. Shut down, removed the USB Flash Drive, rebooted per #13 of Step 5 the system started went to the Boot Selections and I choose "Boot from El Capitan". The screen went dark and nothing booted.

Any thoughts why it is not booting to El Capitan?

I was successful installing everything all the way through the instructions Step 5. Shut down, removed the USB Flash Drive, rebooted per #13 of Step 5 the system started went to the Boot Selections and I choose "Boot from El Capitan". The screen went dark and nothing booted.

Any thoughts why it is not booting to El Capitan?
Try with nv_disable=1 boot-arg. The 650Ti requires alternate web drivers from nVidia.

How do I do that? Is it a one time thing?

Thanks

How do I do that? Is it a one time thing?

Thanks
At Clover screen right arrow to the Options icon and hit enter, down arrow to the boot-args, hit enter, type in the boot-arg, hit enter, down arrow to return, hit enter, select OS X icon and hit enter.

I tried that and it is not booting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back