Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-B75M-D3P
CPU
i5-3570
Graphics
GTX 650
Hello everyone,

I have had a mountain lion system for many years working fine, but because there is no support for it anymore, I had to update. To avoid not having a working hack, I installed on the same system high Sierra but on a different SSD. I am just wanting to optimize the dual system I have now, I have software and other things that still use the old one. How I do I do this, if I have both SSD plugged in sometimes the booting doesn't work well, if I choose from the boot options one SSD sometimes it doesn't start. If I only leave one SSD at a time I can boot both operating systems. How do I do this well so that it works so that I can simply choose from the boot menu (or somewhere else) which one I want to boot.

Thanks a lot for your help.

GA-B75M-D3P
i5-3570
GTX 650

IO used to run macOS and Windows on different drives, I would use a Sata Sata internal hot swap bay to exchange the SSDs when the machine was powered down. Saved a lot of issues as Operating systems can do funny things when updating if there is more than one in a system at any one time.

See Buyer Guide > Accessories section, scroll down - you will see a Kingwin SATA Internal Hot Swap rack. There are 2.5" versions available

2.5" to 3.5" adapters are also available if you have an existing 3.5" bay. The following Sabrent model does work, but many are not designed to fit in internal bays and they do not all fit correctly.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UN550AC/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back