intel gm45
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Hi Guyz
Just installed snow leopard and windows 7 through the dual boot procedure.
Wandering if I could update it to lion.
the requirement says that latest chimera bootloader should be installed for it to update.
But the dual booting is being done through chameleon.
If i change that to chimera will it dual boot???
Or can I use chameleon instead??
Thanks for any help..

I think if you are on GUID and installed OS X first then updating Chimera or Chameleon won't effect dual boot. Dual boot is not an issue when you have Boot Camp (or VMware Fusion) in Lion.

Labhansh agrawal said:
Hi Guyz
Just installed snow leopard and windows 7 through the dual boot procedure.
Wandering if I could update it to lion.
the requirement says that latest chimera bootloader should be installed for it to update.
But the dual booting is being done through chameleon.
If i change that to chimera will it dual boot???
Or can I use chameleon instead??
Thanks for any help..

I have a similar question. I successfully installed Lion on my PC and it's working great, but I'm thinking about adding a second hard drive to the computer to install Windows 7. I'm sure the Windows 7 install will be a breeze, but how do I update the boot loader to load the OSX partition after the install?

compro21 said:
I have a similar question. I successfully installed Lion on my PC and it's working great, but I'm thinking about adding a second hard drive to the computer to install Windows 7. I'm sure the Windows 7 install will be a breeze, but how do I update the boot loader to load the OSX partition after the install?

I'm in the same boat, any help would be appreciated.

I've tried dual booting lion and win7 with chimera. It should be fine.

Boot Camp + VMWare Fusion is what I'm using, IMO it's the best way to dual boot Lion and Win 7, same installation of Win 7 working fine as dual boot and VM in Fusion.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3986

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/micros ... Id=1015088

compro21 said:

__jet__ said:
I've tried dual booting lion and win7 with chimera. It should be fine.

I finished my installation of Lion 10.7.2 yesterday onto a separate hard drive and Chimera will boot either Lion or Win7 happily. I have to press "TAB" to get the list of drives Chimera detects but as a boot loader it does the job nicely :D

My procedure...

Step 1: install Lion (Guid) & Chimera...

Step 2: install Windows (now Lion won't boot)

Step 3: boot from Lion/HackLion dvd/usb and select the Lion partition

Step 4: install Chimera again (from Unibeast)

Step 5: done...you have dual boot

Bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back