GTX670
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Are we still using DSDT's for the new UEFI BIOS?

I haven't seen an updated DSDT for the UEFI BIOS for the gigabyte boards, I know most things work without the DSDT now, but not HDMI audio.

So, what is the direction here?

Is the site dumping the whole DSDT thing, or does it just take a long time to create one for the new gigabyte BIOS.

Since the Gigabyte boards with UEFI don't need DSDTs we won't be doing any. The only exception will be for the Z77N-WIFI and H77N-WIFI where we will make available a DSDT for those using HDMI and wanting HDMI audio.

then... how do people still do HDMI?

My information from Toleda was that you need a DSDT if you are going to do HDMI, even if you are using a UEFI BIOS.

the use of the dsdt.aml files before was to overide the native dsdt, with one that is much more osx acceptable.
now because of uefi, the native dsdt suffices for most things, except as youre finding out, hdmi audio.

all you have to do is extract the dsdt, and apply toleda's edits to the hdef section of your extracted dsdt, then put that dsdt in the /extra folder.
toleda's guides are very comprehensive

We will be doing a HDMI DSDT for the post popular Gigabyte UEFI boards.

OK, this is great.
I do have the DSDT set up with HDMI edits from Toleda and HDMI is working correctly, but as you stated I don't need the DSDT now that I am using the UEFI BIOS.

And, having the DSDT allows HDMI, but it stops the computer from being able to shut down.
I am using a stock DSDT for GA-z68-ud3h-b3, with only edits made to enable HDMI.
Everything works except shutdown and sleep.

Can't wait to see the UEFI DSDT's
thank you MacMan

Since the Gigabyte boards with UEFI don't need DSDTs we won't be doing any.

Gigabyte boards never really needed DSDT's since EasyBeast been invented, isn't it?

Gigabyte boards never really needed DSDT's since EasyBeast been invented, isn't it?
No, as you don't get SpeedStep when using EasyBeast.

Gigabyte 7 Series only need FakeSMC.kext to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back