Contribute
Register

DSDT for Gygabyte EP45-UD3P

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have the LH build, and I am trying to find a DSDT in order to install 10.7. I found it strange that it is not in the P45 database on tonymacx86. Bummer.

scrambler_455 said:
I also have the LH build, and I am trying to find a DSDT in order to install 10.7. I found it strange that it is not in the P45 database on tonymacx86. Bummer.

Yeah, hopefully someone makes a DSDT. But I think most people with those skills have moved on from this motherboard a while ago.

Just use EasyBeast, it worked great for me. The only thing that isn't working is sleep. When the system goes to sleep it won't come back, so I set sleep to never. I will keep working on fixing that, but other than that, everything is fine.

The enclosed DSDT is from a EP45-UD3P with version F10 Bios. (note. rev 1.1 mobo)
It was created from a vanilla dsdt then patched.

The hackintosh is currently running Snow Leopard and if I get some time, I'll try Lion and let you know how it goes.

The machine is a Dual Core Duo 3GHz with 4GB RAM, dual boot SL/Win7 on 2 SATA 1TB WD Caviar Black drives, Card reader, SATA DVD Writer, Nvidia 9800 GTX+

Sleeps, shutdown, ethernet, USB, App store and TimeMachine all work fine.
The only kexts installed are FakeSMC and ALC8xxxHDA to enable full support of the on board HD audio. Under Snow Leopard this DSDT has worked out just great for me.
If you want the other SATA Controller ports then add the JMicron36xxSATA Kext and they are recognized as well. [OK so I must have also had the AppleHDA Rollback kext installed!]

Maybe it will give you at least a starting point.

SL was installed using the standard iBoot, Retail Disk and MultiBeast with User DSDT installation method. Chameleon is used as the boot loader. Machine has been rock solid for a year.

[UPDATE] OK, so it took longer to add another disk for testing than it took UniBeast to install Lion 10.7.1 from USB - That is one awesome utility!!!
So the good news is it all boots up, sleeps, shutsdown etc.
Needed to add the following drivers from MultiBeast 4.1
ALC8xxHDA
AppleHDA Rollback
3rdPartySATA
Realtek Gig Ethernet

TimeMachine seems to be ok, not actually run a backup but no complaints in the console and I can open the App store.
Last thing to try in an update to 10.7.2 and then maybe use it for a while and see if it is stable.

[Update 2]
Installed the 10.7.2 Combo update and sleep is really quick!! Everything else seems to work after a quick check and reinstalling the AppleHDA Rollback kext
Note after the initial install and also the combo update, the BIOS gave me a boot error. Just told it to reboot using last known good setting and never got the error again during shutdown, sleep etc. Just seems to be on install and upgrade.

Anyway, will try it on and off for a while and maybe make the move for good to Lion!

Hope the DSDT proves useful for those at least with a Rev 1.1 mobo!

Horse

Attachments

• dsdt_p45ud3p_f10.aml
    17 KB · Views: 706
THANK YOU!!! this DSDT worked PERFECTLY for our Lifehacker build!

You are the man!

Horse said:
The enclosed DSDT is from a EP45-UD3P with version F10 Bios. (note. rev 1.1 mobo)

The hackintosh is currently running Snow Leopard and if I get some time, I'll try Lion and let you know how it goes.

The machine is a Dual Core Duo 3GHz with 4GB RAM, dual boot SL/Win7 on 2 SATA 1TB WD Caviar Black drives, Card reader, SATA DVD Writer, Nvidia 9800 GTX+

The only kexts installed are FakeSMC and ALC8xxxHDA to enable full support of the on board HD audio. Under Snow Leopard this DSDT has worked out just great for me.
If you want the other SATA Controller ports then add the JMicron36xxSATA Kext and they are recognized as well. [OK so I must have also had the AppleHDA Rollback kext installed!]

SL was installed using the standard iBoot, Retail Disk and MultiBeast with User DSDT installation method. Chameleon is used as the boot loader. Machine has been rock solid for a year.

[UPDATE] OK, so it took longer to add another disk for testing than it took UniBeast to install Lion 10.7.1 from USB - That is one awesome utility!!!
ALC8xxHDA
AppleHDA Rollback
3rdPartySATA
Realtek Gig Ethernet

TimeMachine seems to be ok, not actually run a backup but no complaints in the console and I can open the App store.
Last thing to try in an update to 10.7.2 and then maybe use it for a while and see if it is stable.

[Update 2]
Installed the 10.7.2 Combo update and sleep is really quick!! Everything else seems to work after a quick check and reinstalling the AppleHDA Rollback kext
Note after the initial install and also the combo update, the BIOS gave me a boot error. Just told it to reboot using last known good setting and never got the error again during shutdown, sleep etc. Just seems to be on install and upgrade.

Anyway, will try it on and off for a while and maybe make the move for good to Lion!

Horse

@Seittit
Your Welcome, it was a chance to give back to a community that has helped me so much in the past.

@ogreen
Hopefully not being obvious, but is there only one disk in your system? Maybe the bootloader got installed to another drive?
Or are you sure the boot order is correct in the BIOS and is set to the HD Chimera was installed on? For me the boot loader has never been any issue.

Thanks Horse, works like a charm.

Horse,
I used your DSDT for my ep45-ud3p with F10 bios. Everything was fine except of audio, so I marked something extra in MultiBeast (I don`t remember at the moment what it was).
So now everything is working except of sleep (this is no big deal for me) and an issue with unexpected restarts. My computer restarts from time to time with no warning. The problem intensified during heavy system load (e.g. exporting a movie in iMovie).
My system now is 10.7.3.

Hardware: EP45-UD3P, E8400, DDR2 PC2-6400 (800MHz) 1GBx4 Geil, 1TB Samsung SATA, Gigabyte ATI Radeon 5770 1GB DDR5, Plextor DVD IDE.

Can you help with this?

Horse said:

ALC8xxHDA
AppleHDA Rollback
3rdPartySATA
Realtek Gig Ethernet

[Update 2]

Horse

I used the dsdt and the selections suggested but used Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx.kext installer instead of the Realtek Gigabit selection. Also should mention to select UserDSDT (and System Utilities?). I also threw in the OSx86 Software for possible use later.

EP45-UD3P, E8400 cpu, 2x2GB PC2-8500 memory, Nvidia GeForce 9600GT, Hitachi 1T, WD 500G, Pioneer SATA DVD, Pioneer IDE DVD.

It just worked, what can I say but thank you... Also thanks to tonymacx86. Uni & MultiBeast worked great.

BTW, when I used the Apple migration tool to pull in applications from a previous drive, the system crashed with the grey screen of death, in at least four languages. I suspect the embedded components/kexts that were installed with the apps are not 64 bit compatible and the tool does not check. I think Norton AV and it's system hooks got me. I had to bring in apps one-by-one. Considering it's all working now, not a bad investment of time.

seittit said:
THANK YOU!!! this DSDT worked PERFECTLY for our Lifehacker build!

You are the man!

Horse said:

ALC8xxHDA
AppleHDA Rollback
3rdPartySATA
Realtek Gig Ethernet

[Update 2]

Horse

First, I wanted to THANK YOU for the great and detailed post. I've got everything up and running. Graphics-check, Sound-check, but I still can't access iCloud or log into the App Store. Any ideas?

**Update** Problem solved!
successfully logged into iCloud after installing 3rdParty SATA and RealTek Gig Ethernet and repairing permissions. not sure why this worked, but it did!

Sadly, I did not have any luck with Horse's DSDT. I have a 1.1 rev GA-EP45-UD3P motherboard with an F10 bios, but it just wouldn't boot. A shame, this looked really promising.

erick_C's non-DSDT method did work for me, though:

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=17273

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back