16gb RAM
2 TB HD
RADEON 6850 HD
GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3-F9d

Attachments

• GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3-F9d.dsl
    184.2 KB · Views: 175
Hi gilbertoavila78,

I have a similar setup to you but am using the onboard sandybridge graphics rather than a discrete card. I have an issue of which I wonder if you have any experience?

I have OSX running well on this setup (BIOS F8), however with the Onboard graphics Frame Buffer set to 480MB Windows 7 and 8 (dev edition) run like absolute $#!+, basically DPC latency goes off the chart. OSX and various Linuxes seem unaffected by this though.
I determined that setting the Frame Buffer down a notch to 448MB resolves this issue for Windows but then that causes graphical glitches after a while in OSX which only seems to like 480MB. It's not a biggie, I rarely use Windows on this rig anyway.

But still, strange stuff...

Anyway, to cut a long story short I was wondering why you are using the F9d BIOS and also if you have any feedback on my experience (I appreciate that you may not have come across this issue due to using discrete graphics but I'll ask anyway!).

Cheers,

M

Hi memmerson

I'm using this bios F9d cause may board came with it, so I needed to make my own dsdt file.

About the onboard graphics I didn't make a try and can't help you, no problem asking.

Cheers
Gilberto

Hi,
My config is exactly the same as yours, I'm about to install once again Snow Leopard. I'd like to know if you use dual monitor ? I'm having hard times to activate dual monitors...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back